Learn about JHU students
Our students are top notch, confident, and dedicated. They are engaged in studies from art history to biomedical engineering, mathematics to sociology, and everything in between.
Within the Whiting School of Engineering and the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences there are 52 majors and 44 minors, the most popular of which are Public Health Studies, International Studies, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, and Molecular and Cell Biology. Over 60 percent of our students have a double major or minor.
In the Workforce
- About 75 percent of JHU students have at least one internship experience as an undergraduate, and most of those have had two or more.
- Nearly 40 percent of our students have had shadowing experiences.
- Over 70 percent of our students participate in some form of research while at JHU–in labs and libraries, on campus and abroad!
Our first destination survey reports that nearly half of our graduates consistently go directly into full-time employment or paid public service, while more than a third enroll in graduate or professional programs. For the class of 2015, the top five fields of employment were:
- Engineering and information technology
- Science and research
- Business services and consulting
- Financial services and investment banking
The top locations for our grads include Maryland, Washington D.C., New York, and California, with over a quarter choosing to stay in the Baltimore area.