Registration and Logging Service Hours
Participants must create a Track it Forward account and indicate participation in HopServe50 by October 31st. Service hours must be completed and logged in Track it Forward between September 1, 2016 through Sunday, April 30, 2017.
There are a few different steps that participants need to complete in order to participate in HopServe50! This process only takes a few minutes to complete, so get started!
- Step 1: Submit the Center for Social Concern’s Waiver of Liability
- Step 2: Create a “Track it Forward account” so you can begin logging and tracking your service hours.
- Step 3: Download the free Track it Forward mobile app so you can log your service hours anywhere, anytime!
Read more details below on how to get started.
All students who participate in any CSC Program, including HopServe50, are required to submit the CSC’s Waiver 0f Liability.
Track it Forward is our service hour tracking system that you’ll use to log and track your service hours and activities for HopServe50. This is the only way we can verify your participation in HopServe50 so make sure you log your hours frequently.
It will literally take you 1 minute to create an account and set up a profile. Follow the step-by-step directions below for more assistance.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Need an Account? “Sign-Up”
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Complete all applicable fields, including your JHED ID (*****Your JHED ID is NOT your SIS ID. To locate your JHED ID, please click here.)
- Make sure have completed the CSC’s Waiver of Liability.
- Click “Sign up.”
- You’ve now completed Step 2!
You must log your hours weekly! You can view a running count of your service hours by logging into your Track it Forward profile at any time. If you’d rather log your hours via the Track it Forward mobile app, see Step 3 below.
- To download the mobile app, just go to the App Store or Google Play and search for “Track it Forward” or “Volunteer Time Tracking” and you’ll find it!
- NOTE: you must create a “Track it Forward” Profile before you can download the mobile app.
- Once you download the app, enter your “email address” and “password” that you used during your initial Track it Forward registration.
- Every time you complete a service or activity, simply submit the “hours”, “date”, “organization or affiliation” through the mobile app.
- You can also enter any additional information (i.e. name of organization you worked with and other details in the “notes” field.
- Example: Volunteered at My Sister’s Place Lodge and helped serve food.
- Get involved and start tracking your hours!
Final Step: HopServe50 Certificate Application
Participants who believe they have completed the requirements of the HopServe50 program (50 hours of service for HopServe50; 100 hours of service for HopServe50 Plus) should submit a HopServe50 Certificate Application for the relevant certificate no later than Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Late certificate applications will not be accepted. You must complete both the service hours and the application in order to receive the HopServe50 certificate.
Note: in the application, there is a short reflection essay (200-750 words) that asks you to describe and reflect on your HopServe50 experience.
Once your application has been approved by the Center for Social Concern, you will receive an email telling you how to pick up your certificate along with the End of Year Celebration information.