Student Health and Wellness Center
The Student Health and Wellness Center provides high quality, confidential health care to eligible students of the Homewood and Peabody campus communities.
Our health care staff consists of board certified physicians, nationally certified nurse practitioners, a licensed dietitian, a registered nurse, medical assistants, and a women’s health nurse practitioner.
Services offered include:
- Acute and chronic illness care
- Alcohol and other drug problem assessments; smoking cessation counseling
- Allergy injections
- Concerns about eating behaviors, weight and nutrition
- International travel consults and related immunizations
- Physical exams and routine immunizations
- Reproductive health care (contraceptives, confidential testing for sexually transmitted/HIV infections, emergency contraception)
- Specialist referrals when needed
The SHWC is accredited through the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
Student health information held by the Student Health and Wellness Center is protected by federal and state laws, including the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Maryland Confidentiality of Medical Records Act.
These laws protect the privacy of students’ health information and prohibit its disclosure without appropriate consent, except under limited circumstances.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our patients’ medical records in compliance with all applicable laws.