Changes and Transitions
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average worker has approximately 12 jobs between the ages of 18 to 48. While that may not be your experience, transition is a normal and expected part of the career lifecycle.
Use these resources to help you navigate career transitions smoothly and with confidence.
- Career Relaunch Podcast: Hear real stories from people who have successfully changed careers.
- Executive Gateway: View resources for experienced professionals interested in changing careers.
- iLostMyJob: Get help coping with job loss.
- Links We Love: Making a Major Career Change: Read through a variety of articles that will help guide you through career transitions.
- PDF Document: Managing Your Career: A Guide: Plan ahead for career transitions.
- What’s Next?: Start your mid-life reinvention.
In addition to these resources, check out these books (available at the Sheridan Libraries):
Watch this TED Talk from Carol Fishman Cohen for advice on how to transition back to work: