Manage Work/Life Demands
Learn strategies for juggling competing demands from work and life. Though true “balance” may be impossible to obtain, there are resources that can help you establish healthy routines and care for yourself.
First 90 Days on the Job
- MindTools: “Building Great Relationships – Making Work Enjoyable and Productive”: Lay the foundation for a productive and collaborative workplace.
- PDF Document: Build a Productive Relationship with Your Boss
- PDF Document: Building Relationships at Work
- PDF Document: Dealing with Difficult People
- Books on Time Management: Explore books on time management available at the Sheridan Libraries.
- New York Times: “How to Get Stuff Done”: Use incentives to reward yourself for staying focused.
- RescueTime: Use this app to help you clear distractions and stay focused.
- PDF Document: Balancing the Demands of Work and Life
- Books on Managing Stress: Through this live, predefined search, browse recently published books on stress management, available through the Sheridan Libraries.
- Happify: Form healthy habits.
- HeadSpace: Use this app to teach yourself meditation.
- Johns Hopkins Student Assistance Program (JHSAP): Access counseling and support for JHU students.
Watch this TEDTalk on how you can use stress to your advantage:
- CreditKarma: Get access to free credit scores.
- Mint: Use this app to manage your finances.
- New York Times: “A Quick and Dirty Guide to Retirement Saving”