Interviews: Tips and Preparation
There are different types of interviews in the job application process. Preparation for each type varies. After interviews, remember to follow up with employers by writing thank you letters.
- *InterviewStream Prep: Prepare in a no-pressure environment.
- PDF Document: Sample Interviewing Questions: Use sample questions from employers to help you prepare.
- PDF Document: S.T.A.R. Guide to Interviewing: Use the S.T.A.R. process to create a concise and compelling version of your professional story.
- *Vault Online Career Library: Find advice on how to write thank you letters.
Prep for Case Interviews
During a case interview, an employer may give you a sample situation and ask how you would resolve it. Use these resources to help you practice beforehand.
- PDF Document: Case Interviewing Guide: Learn more about what case interviews are and how to prepare for them.
- “Case in Point 9” by : Use sample strategy cases and exercises.
- “Crack the Case System: How to Conquer Your Case Interviews” by David L. Ohrvall
- PDF Document: Useful Formulas and Frameworks for Case Interviewing
Prep for Behavioral Interviews
An employer may also ask you questions about how you handled a particular situation in the past.
- PDF Document: Behavioral Interview Questions: Review common questions that may come up.
- Books on Behavior-Based Interviewing: Find books at Sheridan Libraries to help prepare for behavioral interviews.
* Note: at present, starred resources are only available to current JHU students with a valid JHED ID.