Start a Business
Use these resources to help you write a business plan, find investors and connections, and build a brand name for your company:
- JHU Diversity Innovation Grants: Apply for funding for programs and initiatives that foster diversity and inclusion in the Hopkins environment.
- JHU Social Innovation Lab: Have an idea on how to make a big social impact? Get funding, support and mentorship to help translate your idea into reality.
- Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures (JHTV): Learn how to bring your product to market.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA.gov): Start here for tools and assistance to plan, finance, launch, manage and grow your business.
- SCORE: Use free mentors, educational offerings, and online tools and templates to guide your business development.
- CamCard (app): Download this app to electronically exchange business cards and contact information.
- US Chamber of Commerce
- National Institute for Social Media (NISM): “Using Pinterest and Instagram for Small Businesses”
- Gale Virtual Reference Library (GVRL) – Business Plans Handbooks: Review examples of actual business plans. Find a directory of agencies that assist small businesses.
- The Directory of Venture Capital and Private Equity Firms, Domestic and International: Identify firms for potential funding based on matching interests.
- Books and Films on New Business Enterprises: Browse through recent publications and educational films at the Sheridan Libraries for tips on starting a business.