PhDs and Postdocs
Map out your career as a PhD student, doctoral student or postdoctoral fellow.
- JHU Center for Educational Resources (CER) Teaching Academy: Prepare for teaching careers in higher education. Open to all JHU PhD students and postdocs.
- JHU Center for Leadership Education (CLE): Professional Development Program: Register for a series of brief courses to build professional skills. Open to all graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at Johns Hopkins.
- JHMI Professional Development and Career Office:Develop professional skills for a successful post-graduate career. The JHMI PDCO supports PhD and doctoral students as well as postdoctoral fellows at the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Library books for PhDs and postdocs: Use this live search to locate career publications available through the Sheridan Libraries.
- NIH videocasts and podcasts: Watch training videocasts and lectures.
- Science Careers: myIDP: Create an individual development plan (IDP), through the American Advancement for the Association of Science (AAAS) website.
- *Skillsoft: take free online courses to help build professional certifications in programs including Lean Six Sigma and the Project Management Institute.
- *VersatilePhD: join this online community to explore non-academic careers for PhDs in the humanities, social sciences and STEM fields.
* Note: at present, starred resources are only available to current JHU students with a valid JHED ID.