Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviewing
Your resume, cover letter, interview techniques and personal brand help you stand out when applying for internships and positions. Follow these guides, or attend one of our beginner workshops, to make sure yours is the best.
Resumes and Cover Letters
The purpose of a resume is to get you an interview, and a good cover letter should be specific to the industry, job and the person you’re sending the letter to.
- Use our PDF Document: resume guidelines, step by step with examples, to get started
- PDF Document: Cover letter guidelines
Resume and cover letter labs
RSVP on Handshake for a PDF Document: Career Lab resume workshop, offered primarily in September, October, intersession and February, or related workshops on career exploration and interviewing basics.
- Industry-specific sample resumes: Consulting | Health Sciences | Government | Nonprofit | STEM (including graduate)
Internship and job interviews include personality interviews, case interviews, technical interviews, and more. For industry-specific interviews, visit Career Academy events. For general interviewing help, start with
PDF Document: Sign up on Handshake for in-person Interviewing Basics Career Labs offered every semester.
- Interview Stream, where you can record an online interview. Email your final interview to email@example.com for a review.
- Case Questions Interactive Consulting students in particular need to practice case interviews, which use role-playing to test how you would handle potential job situations. You’ll need to access this resource through Handshake to get the password.