Resumes, Cover Letters and Interviewing
Your resume, cover letter, interview techniques and personal brand help you stand out when applying for internships and positions. Follow these guides, or attend one of our beginner workshops, to make sure yours is the best.
Resumes and Cover Letters
The purpose of a resume is to get you an interview, and a good cover letter should be specific to the industry, job and the person you’re sending the letter to. Resources include:
- Use our PDF Document: resume guidelines, step by step with examples, to get started
- PDF Document: Cover letter guidelines
Resume and cover letter labs
RSVP on Handshake for a foundational resume workshop , offered seven times January through March, or related workshops on career exploration and interviewing basics. Find and RSVP to all events by searching for “Foundational Career Lab” in the Handshake Events section.
- Industry-specific sample resumes: Consulting | Health Sciences | Government | Nonprofit | STEM (including graduate)
Internship and job interviews include personality interviews, case interviews, technical interviews, and more. For industry-specific interviews, visit Career Academy events. For general interviewing help, start with
Sign up on Handshake for in-person Interviewing Basics workshops offered at least once a month in the Career Center.
- Interview Stream, where you can record an online interview. Email your final interview to firstname.lastname@example.org for a review.
- Case Questions Interactive Consulting students in particular need to practice case inerterviews, which use role-playing to test how you would handle potential job situations. You’ll need to access this resource through Handshake to get the password.