Peer Health Educators (PEEPS)
- Sexual health including contraceptive options
- Sexually transmitted infections and women’s reproductive health
- Sexual assault awareness
- Alcohol and other drugs
- Healthy living
In addition, PEEPS also help to promote Student Health and Wellness Center services. PEEPs accomplish this by going through specialized training to provide health promotion programs, events and outreach to their fellow peers. For more information on our programs, explore the various health topics on the CHEW website.
CHEW Wants You on Our PEEPs CREW!
Peer health educators wanted! Gain valuable public health and leadership experience to put on your resume, meet new people, and help improve the health of fellow JHU students.
- One-year commitment with an average commitment of 3–4 hours each week which includes:
- Participating in a mandatory one day retreat prior to the start of the fall semester.
- Conducting outreach activities.
- Attending a weekly group meeting.
- Previous experience/course work in public health is helpful but not necessary.
- A sincere interest in student health and a desire to become involved!
Contact Jacki Stone at email@example.com or call 410-516-7558 for more information.