Housing Renewal 2018
Renewal Process On-line Registration Form
This renewal request notification is the first step in renewing your housing for the 2018-2019 academic year. You have the opportunity to request to renew in your current space and requests are being accepted starting now through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, February 7th, 2018.
Please read and familiarize yourself with the policies below regarding the renewal process for the 2018-2019 academic year:
- For juniors and seniors currently living in McCoy and Charles Commons with a 9-month contract, please be aware that while you may request to renew, you must vacate your room at the end of the Spring 2018 semester, by 12:00 noon on Friday, May 18th, 2018 as per your housing contract. Your new contract would begin at the end of August 2018, as your building is utilized by the University during the Summer months.
- For juniors and seniors currently living in Bradford and Homewood, requesting to renew means your current contract will end @ 12noon on Tuesday, July 31, 2018 and your new contract will go into effect Wednesday, August 1, 2018 (which is the next day). This way, you are not inconvenienced with vacating or removing your belongings for the summer. You will be asked to sign a renewal-housing contract effective August 1, 2018 – July 31, 2019.
- You must be a current full-time, registered junior or senior undergraduate student that has completed your two-year housing requirement back in May of 2017.
- Enrolled in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences or Whiting School of Engineering in order to be eligible to renew.
- Current seniors requesting to renew will have to demonstrate that they will be a full-time undergraduate student for Fall 2018.
- If you currently reside in a multiple share unit and are interested in renewing, your request to renew will be honored but you may be asked to relocate to another unit in an effort to consolidate space.
- Any changes to this renewal request must be made IN PERSON (all persons impacted by the change must be present) in the Wolman Housing Office no later than Thursday, February 8th by 3:00pm.
- Renewal requests will be accepted beginning now through 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, February 7th, 2018. No renewal registrations will be accepted after this deadline.
- Gender Inclusive Housing Traditionally, housing assignments and placements were with students of the same legal sex and, in general, that will continue. However, we acknowledge that this does not work for everyone. This policy was implemented to meet the needs of all students, by nurturing an atmosphere where students can be the most comfortable with those with whom they live. It is important that the residential community values diversity, social justice, and promotes the dignity of all people. Therefore, you may choose to create your living group as single sex (male or female), or you may choose a GIH unit including women, men, and trans* people. In either case, you must fill your unit, or complete an already open unit. Regardless of which arrangement you choose, you are strongly discouraged from living with someone you may be dating.
Prior to completing your renewal request, please be sure to review the PDF Document: University Housing Community Standards and Policies as well as the University Judicial Policies.
Rates & Signing your Housing Contract: Rates will be available in the near future. Please note, you will be notified when to stop by the Wolman Housing Office to sign your housing contract for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Kindly allow 1-2 business days for us to process your renewal request. If we run up against any issues, we will contact you via email or telephone. If you do not receive an email by the end of the 2nd business day, please contact Miller Roberts III in the Wolman Hall Housing Office, room 103. You may email, call 410-516-7960 or stop by the Wolman Hall Housing Office.