Policies & Procedures


All University Housing residents are strongly encouraged to file an official United States Postal Service (USPS) Change of Address form or Mail Forwarding Request at least two weeks prior to vacating in order for their mail to be forwarded in a timely and appropriate fashion. If a change of address or mail forwarding request is not submitted directly to the USPS, any mail delivered to our campus mailrooms after you have already vacated university housing may be returned to sender. Visit usps.com for more information. We would like to emphasize that you can make the Change of Address process faster and easier by notifying everyone (i.e. friends, family members, business, organizations) who sends you mail of your new address and the date of your move, two weeks before your move. Many bills and statements have an area for making an address change notification.

Remember: Change of Address forms cover first class mail for one year and periodicals and standard mail for only one month. After this time period, they will not be forwarded but discarded. Therefore, it is imperative that students contact mailers directly to change their addresses prior to vacating housing.



If you are expecting a package and tracking it via a carriers website, please note that just because the tracking indicates the package was delivered it DOES NOT mean the package is available for pick up. You must wait for the Mail Staff to process the package. When processing is completed you will be alerted via email that your package is ready. Our goal is to have all of the day’s deliveries processed and ready by 3pm each day. On days of exceptionally high volume you should anticipate some delays.



To align with public health measures, we ask that all students treat this service as they would any other take-out service (pizza, Chinese food, etc.) and arrange to meet the delivery driver outside of their building to personally accept the delivery. Our mailrooms are unable to handle large amounts of perishable deliveries and cannot be responsible should they be left unattended outside of our buildings at the discretion of the delivery service personnel.



Each student is issued a mailbox and a corresponding mailbox key upon moving into university housing. If you have lost your mailbox key, please contact Housing Facilities. There is a $15 fee for replacement mailbox keys.

Housing Facilities
Wolman Hall, Room 103
(410) 516-7962