Chat with a Counselor ZOOM
“Chat with a Counselor” is an online drop-in mental health service that offers informal, confidential, and one-on-one visits for students to meet with a Johns Hopkins University Counseling Center staff member. If you have questions about mental health, want to get strategies for managing stress/academics/life, want to find resources that fit your needs and identities, come chat with us!
Chat with a Counselor is not a substitute for counseling and does not constitute mental health treatment. Chat with a Counselor can listen to specific problems, help explore solutions and introduce you to what it’s like to speak with a member of our staff. Anyone with an immediate, urgent situation or crisis concern should not utilize Chat with a Counselor but instead contact the on-call counselor by calling 410-516-8278 and pressing “1” at any time 24/7. Learn more about the Chat with a Counselor program through the PDF Document: FAQ’s.
Don’t have time for a drop-in visit? You can reach out to Chat with a Counselor at any time by emailing email@example.com You can expect a response within 48 hours.
Ready to visit Chat with a Counselor? Pick a day, time and a counselor from the options below
(times shown reflect Eastern Standard Time /EST).
Chat with a Counselor for ALL Students
- Sundays 8-10 pm with Jenn Weeks (she/her/hers). Sign up here.
Chat with a Counselor for Black Students
- Wednesdays 3-4pm (every 2 weeks) with Dr. RaiNesha Miller (she/her/hers). Sign up here.
Chat with a Counselor for Latinx Students
- Mondays 4-5pm with Dr. Susana Ferradas (she/her/hers/ella). Sign up here.
Chat with a Counselor for International and Bi-Cultural Students (also known as the Friday International Coffee Break)
- Fridays 10:30am-12pm with Dr. Susan Han (she/her/hers). Sign up here.
Chat with a Counselor for LGBTQ+ Students
- Tuesdays 2-3pm (every 2 weeks) with Dr. DeVonna Jacobs. Sign up here.
Chat with a Counselor for South/South East Asian Students and Muslim Students
- Fridays 12-1pm (every 2 weeks) with Dr. Durriya Meer. Sign up here.
Chat with an Eating Disorder Therapist
- Tuesdays 3-4pm with Dr. Tristan Barsky (he/him/his). Sign up here.
The staff at the Counseling Center come from a variety of different backgrounds and are all trained to listen, support and help guide students to resources. If you would like to engage in ongoing counseling or join one of our groups, click here to learn more.