(Dis)ability Short Story Anthology
The (Dis)ability short story anthology will feature short stories written by people with disabilities. All of the stories will have disabled main characters. We will be accepting submissions from July 1st to October 1st. Responses to submissions will be sent out in November. The anthology will be published as a free e-book in March 2018.
All submissions should follow the following criteria:
- The story’s protagonist must have a disability. We use the term “disability” broadly to encompass anyone with a physical, mental, emotional, cognitive, or sensory impairment that significantly affects one or more major life functions.
- Only disabled individuals who are 16 years old or older may submit.
- Stories must be between 500 and 7500 words.
- Each story’s content should be appropriate for readers 13 years old and older. It’s fine to have some violence and/or swearing, but it shouldn’t be gratuitous.
- We’re open to all genres of stories except for erotica.
- Reprints are fine, although previously unpublished stories are preferred.
- We’re fine with simultaneous submissions, but please let us know if your submission is accepted elsewhere.
- Each author may only send us one short story via email to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word attachment.
- The short story should be in Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Your email should also include your complete contact information, a brief third person biography, and information about your disability.
Should your story be accepted for publication, we will pay you $30 for the one-time non-exclusive right to publish your story in the anthology. Writers will be paid shortly after the anthology is published.
If you have further questions, email us at: email@example.com