The purpose of the Johns Hopkins First-Generation, Limited-Income, (FLI) Network is to connect the FLI campus community including students, staff, faculty, alumni and FLI friends/allies. Network members have shared experiences, act as resources for one another, celebrate their achievements, and participate in special activities designed to create a greater sense of inclusion and belonging for all participants.
• First-Generation students are from families whose parents, guardians and/or other custodial family members have not earned a four-year college degree.
• Limited-Income students, are those with little to no family contribution or limited financial means. These students often receive need-based federal Pell grant assistance.
• FLI students are first-generation, limited income or both.
• FLI graduates are faculty, staff or alumni that graduated from college as a first generation and/or limited-income student.
• Allies (FLI Friends) are non-FLI graduates who want to offer the support and assistance to these students
Thank you for completing this form and being a part of the Network! If you are having any issues completing the form, please contact us at email@example.com. We will be in touch with more details and engagement opportunities. If you are having any issues completing the form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the network, please contact Dr. Irene Ferguson (email@example.com).
Using the definitions above, do you identify as any of the following?*
Please upload a preferred photo if you do not have one on your Johns Hopkins department website or prefer to use another photo.