MATTIN CENTER PRACTICE ROOM POLICIES
- Hours during the Fall & Spring semesters are: Mon – Fri: 9 am – 11:30pm. Sat & Sun: 10 am – 11:30pm. Rooms must be vacated by the closing time.
- Hours are reduced or the rooms are closed during Intersession, summer terms & holiday periods.
- Use of a room is only for Jcard holders who are faculty, staff or students in the Homewood Krieger and Whiting Schools. Other Hopkins students or staff can request special permission to use the rooms. Children and family members are not allowed to use the rooms.
- Users are not permitted to use the practice rooms when a monitor is not on duty and must vacate the room when asked by a student monitor or SLI employee.
- No eating or drinking in the practice rooms. Do not place anything on the pianos except for sheet music. All food, drink, bags, clothing and accessories should be placed on chairs or the floor.
- Pianos and the drum equipment may not be removed from the rooms.
- Drummers need to bring their own drum sticks.
- Do not prop the door open with a music stand or the curtain. If you need to leave the room for a few minutes during your time, take the key with you.
- Practice time will be limited to 90 minutes if people are waiting to use a room.
- When you have finished, leave the room clean, turn out the lights and close the door.
- Keys must be returned to the JHUnions student monitor on duty when finished and/or by the building closing hours.
For questions about the equipment in the rooms, contact Homewood Arts Programs at email@example.com
For questions about accessing the rooms, contact Student Leadership & Involvement at SLandI@jhu.edu
Practice Room List:
- ROOM 109 – DRUMS
- ROOM 110
- ROOM 111
- ROOM 112 – PIANO
- ROOM 114 – PIANO
- ROOM 115 – PIANO
- ROOM 116 – PIANO
- ROOM 117 – PIANO
- ROOM 118 – PIANO, MIRROR
- ROOM 119 – PIANO, MIRROR
These policies are subject to revision.