The Concert Orchestra closes its 2018-19 season with the following program:
- Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges: Symphony, Op. 11, No. 1, mvt. 1
- C.P.E. Bach: Symphony in F Major, Wq. 183/3
- Franz Joseph Haydn: Cello Concerto in C Major, mvt. 1
Isabel Won, cello, HSO Concerto Competition Runner-up
- Franz Joseph Haydn: Symphony No. 83, “The Hen”
Jordan Randall Smith conducts. All Concert Orchestra performances are free, no tickets required, and held at the Bunting-Meyerhoff Interfaith Center. Small chamber music ensembles are featured at beginning of program.
The Symphony Orchestra’s triumphant return to Shriver Hall featuring:
- Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
- Igor Stravinsky: Symphony in C
- Johannes Brahms: Double Concerto for Violin and Cello
Kristin Lee, violin
Thomas Mesa, cello
The Hopkins Symphony Family Concert returns to Shriver Hall in its 26th concert! Led by Music Director, Jed Gaylin, the family-friendly concert features selections from Liszt’s Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 and Beethoven’s Consecration of the House Overture.
Following a program sure to delight, the audience is invited onstage to meet musicians and try instruments.
This is a free concert, no tickets are required. Visit the ticketing page for directions and additional information.