The Concert Orchestra concludes its 2017-18 season, with a free concert featuring the following:
- Johann Hasse: Overture to Cleofide
- Richard Strauss: Serenade for Winds, Op. 7
- W.A. Mozart: Symphony No. 31, “Paris Symphony”
Blair Skinner conducts. All Concert Orchestra performances feature small chamber music ensembles. Performances are held in the Bunting-Meyerhoff Interfaith Center and feature free admission. Small chamber ensembles are featured at the beginning of the program.
The Symphony Orchestra performs:
- Franz Schubert: Rosamunde Overture
- Bedřich Smetana: Overture and “Dance of the Comedians” from The Bartered Bride featuring Shodekeh, beatboxer/vocal percussionist
- Antonin Dvorak: Symphony No. 7
Jed Gaylin conducts. Concert held at the Bunting-Meyerhoff Interfaith Center with a free pre-concert talk prior to the concert, 7pm, with Max Derrickson, Jed Gaylin, & Shodekeh. Visit the ticketing page for tickets, directions and additional information.
The Symphony Orchestra concludes its season with Tchaikovsky’s Symphony No. 5 and the Hopkins Symphony Concerto Competition winners, Morgan Wu performing Mvt. 1 of the Paganini Violin Concerto and Colin McGregor performing the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto.
Jed Gaylin conducts. Concert held at the Bunting-Meyerhoff Interfaith Center with a free pre-concert talk at 2pm with WBJC’s Jonathan Palevsky. Visit the ticketing page for tickets, directions and additional information.