Homewood Hiring Week
Are you currently looking for a job or interested in learning more about how to navigate the job search process? If so, Homewood Hiring Week is the program for you!
It is designed to provide the skills needed and the opportunities for you to land a job before graduation. Throughout March, April and May, you will have access to 8 workshops and several job openings to apply for on Handshake. Employers within the healthcare, technology, consulting, education, and nonprofit industries registered to be part of this program to hire awesome Hopkins students like you so start applying today!
The jobs within Homewood Hiring Week were hand-selected based on feedback we heard from your peer students. To view all opportunities, visit the following link on Handshake. http://bit.ly/hhjobs21
For assistance with the search, please feel free to download this Excel spreadsheet and filter based on the industry you are most interested in:
Homewood Hiring Week includes the opportunity to apply for jobs and conduct the first-round of interviews for these jobs based on the following timeline.
- March 15 – April 5: Jobs Available
- April 16 – Students will be aware if they got an interview and be able to select an interview slot on a first come first served basis
- April 27 – 29: Conduct First-Round Interviews
Companies may have additional interviews following April 29th. Employers are encouraged, but not required, to make final decisions by the beginning of June.
To ensure all students have access to a successful Homewood Hiring Week experience, the Life Design Lab consulted with the offices of Religious & Spiritual Life and Student Disability Services. We encourage students who require accommodations and those with religious or spiritual commitments that are in conflict to reach out to us by April 9th so that we may best accommodate your needs within the Homewood Hiring Week interview process.
Any questions? Reach out to us at: email@example.com.
Preparing for Your Application
Finding jobs is difficult so regardless of if you want to apply for a position within Homewood Hiring Week or if you are looking at external positions, we want to help. Sign-up on Handshake to participate in our boot camps.
- March 23rd at 5:30 PM and April 2nd at 9 AM: Resume and preparing applications
- March 30th at 5:00 PM: Resume Review with Alumni
- April 20th at 5:30 PM and April 23rd at 9am: Interview prep
- May 4th at 5:30pm and May 14th at 9am: Negotiation and making decisions
In addition to these 7 events, on March 25th at 6:00pm, we are partnering with DAR to provide you with the chance to conduct a mock interview with an alumni. Sign-up here (https://jhu.joinhandshake.com/events/711327) for access to practice answering interview questions!
Tips from the Life Design Lab
To excel in the job search process, we encourage you to follow these tips:
- Prepare in advance and attend our bootcamp to maximize your chances – sign up here
- Look out for more opportunities on Handshake from similar companies or industry
- Visit the company website to learn more about their projects and their mission
- Tailor your application to showcase your skills and your fit for the role
- Check-in with your LDE for any questions]