Hopkins Parents Council
Join the 60+ families from across the country and around the globe who serve on the Hopkins Parents Council. Members reach out to other families each year to encourage support, serve as university advocates, and meet with JHU leaders and administrators at the Homewood campus.
Hopkins Parents Council members are asked to:
- Support the Hopkins Parents Fund with an annual minimum gift at the Parents Leadership Circle-Leader Level.
- Attend at least one of the two campus meetings each year (Family Weekend and once during spring semester).
- Contact three to five Hopkins families to encourage support of the Parents Fund.
- Attend or host on-campus events and local receptions.
- Be an advocate for JHU in your home community.
The Hopkins Parents Council has paved the way for us to network with other Blue Jay Families. The work of the HPC provides students with an array of extracurricular activities, ways to build camaraderie, develop skills outside of the classroom, and get a break from their busy academic lives. How could we not want to be a part of that?
– Steve Vitcov and Ruby Ghadially P’17
Ronan and Maggie Harty P’19, New York, NY
A Message from the Chairs
We are very excited to lead the family volunteer giving efforts for Johns Hopkins University. Whether you are new parents of the Class of 2022 or like us- parents of a current senior, we want you to know that parents are highly valued and important members of the Hopkins family!
The Parents Programs and Giving office and the Hopkins Parents Council are here to assist and partner with you on your family’s extraordinary journey. We encourage you to fully integrate into the university community and get involved to create and enrich your own parallel Hopkins experience. We suggest:
- Volunteering on campus and/or at home.
- Supporting your student’s experience.
- Reading the Blue Jay Family Flyer and other JHU publications.
- Attending regional and on-campus JHU events and programs.
As fellow parents, we share a common interest in wanting the best and most rewarding Hopkins experience for our students. Your impactful support and participation will ensure that happens. We look forward to meeting you and working beside you.
– Ronan and Maggie
Hopkins Parents Fund Chairs: Bob and Jane Polansky P’19, Minnetonka, MN
Class of 2019
Robert and Barbara ’77 Goldfarb P’19, Golden Beach, FL
Bill and Jill Manny P’19, New York, NY
Class of 2020
Daniel and Inge’81 Damstra P’20, Newton Square, PA
Class of 2021
Gary and Kathy Bedard P’21, Frisco, TX
Jonathan and Nancy Lurie P’21, Los Angeles, CA
Class of 2022
Sandeep and Purvi Kunwar P’22, Woodside, CA
Alan Pardee and Sally Morris, P’22, New York, NY
- Manuel Abdala and Alexandra Arata P’18, P’20 Potomac, MD
- Misbah and Hind Ahdab P’15, P’22 Chevy Chase, MD
- Frank An and Shau Zhang, P’22, Wayland, MA
- Michael and Elizabeth Bacon, P’22, New York, NY
- Tizzy Bannister P’20 New York, NY
- Lauri Benton ’88, P’22, Redmond, WA
- David and Mary Boroughs P’22 Houston, TX
- David Caplan and Karen Wagner P’20 New York, NY
- Curt ’85 and Michelle Carpenter P’16, P’19 Phoenix, AZ
- Weiqi Ding and Taya Zhou P’21 Freemont, CA
- James Goldrick P’22 New York, NY
- Hector and Liliana Goncalves P’21 Miami, FL
- Tim and Alida Hanson P’21 Brookline, MA
- Kip Howlett ’67, P’22 McLean, VA
- Sanjiv and Karen Jain P’21 London, England
- Stephen and Joanne Jones P’20 Bronxville, NY
- Ejaz and Saba Kamboj P’21 Las Vegas, NV
- Robert Kenet and Stephanie Seligman P’22 New York, NY
- Carol and Glenn Lew P’19 Laguna Hills, CA
- Jonathan and Elizabeth Marks P’19 New York, NY
- Michael and Irina Merport P’22 Sharon, MA
- Carter and Tania Neild P’21 Bronxville, NY
- Monica Penner and Amnon Gires P’21 La Jolla, CA
- Andy and Kirsten Pitts P’21 Greenwich, CT
- Jacob and Adeena Pultman P’19 Teaneck, NJ
- Massimo and Farla Russo P’20 Brookline, MA
- Michael and Nancy Sargent P’19 Fairfield, CT
- Soumyo and Sherry Sarkar P’19 New York, NY
- Peter and Meme Scherr P’22 San Francisco, CA
- Steve Shen and Kathy Xie P’22 Beijing, China
- Ram Singh and Sushma Bhadauria P’20 Los Angeles, CA
- Vaidyanathan and Aruna Sivakumar P’21 New Delhi, India
- John and Marcy Sznewajs, P’21 Bloomfield, MI
- Son and Tram Tran P’19 Vienna, VA
- Bruce Tobey and Rae Sanchini P’20 Los Angeles, CA
- Michael and Jill Toporek P’22 New York, NY
- Derek Trulson and Jennifer Gardner P’19 New York, NY
- Nina Urban ’82, P’21 Washington, DC
- Manny and Alex Vera P’22 Miami, FL
- Grahame and Cathy Weinbren P’19 New York, NY
- Patrick Weyer and Ling Zhang P’21 Medfield, MA
- Morris Wheeler and Joanne Cohen P’21 Shaker Heights, OH
- Thomas Wu and Rachel Chin P’20 San Francisco, CA
- David Yeh and Qian Wang P’19 Mercer Island, WA