Hopkins Parents Council
Join the 60+ families from across the country and around the globe who serve on the Hopkins Parents Council. Members reach out to other families each year to encourage support, serve as university advocates, and meet with JHU leaders and administrators at the Homewood campus.
Hopkins Parents Council members are asked to:
- Support the Hopkins Parents Fund with an annual minimum gift at the Parents Leadership Circle-Leader Level.
- Attend at least one of the two campus meetings each year (Family Weekend and once during spring semester).
- Contact three to five Hopkins families to encourage support of the Parents Fund.
- Attend or host on-campus events and local receptions.
- Be an advocate for JHU in your home community.
The Hopkins Parents Council has paved the way for us to network with other Blue Jay Families. The work of the HPC provides students with an array of extracurricular activities, ways to build camaraderie, develop skills outside of the classroom, and get a break from their busy academic lives. How could we not want to be a part of that?
– Steve Vitcov and Ruby Ghadially P’17
Ronan and Maggie Harty P’19, New York, NY
A Message from the Chairs
We are very excited to lead the family volunteer giving efforts for Johns Hopkins University. Whether you are new parents of the Class of 2022 or like us- parents of a current senior, we want you to know that parents are highly valued and important members of the Hopkins family!
The Parents Programs and Giving office and the Hopkins Parents Council are here to assist and partner with you on your family’s extraordinary journey. We encourage you to fully integrate into the university community and get involved to create and enrich your own parallel Hopkins experience. We suggest:
- Volunteering on campus and/or at home.
- Supporting your student’s experience.
- Reading the Blue Jay Family Flyer and other JHU publications.
- Attending regional and on-campus JHU events and programs.
As fellow parents, we share a common interest in wanting the best and most rewarding Hopkins experience for our students. Your impactful support and participation will ensure that happens. We look forward to meeting you and working beside you.
– Ronan and Maggie
Hopkins Parents Fund Chairs: Bob and Jane Polansky P’19, Minnetonka, MN
PIN Chairs: Elizabeth and Chris Steele P’20, Houston, TX
Class of 2019
Robert and Barbara ’77 Goldfarb P’19, Golden Beach, FL
Bill and Jill Manny P’19, New York, NY
Class of 2020
Daniel and Inge’81 Damstra P’20, Newton Square, PA
Mary Loeken P’20, Dover, MA
Class of 2021
Gary and Kathy Bedard P’21, Frisco, TX
Class of 2022
- Manuel Abdala and Alexandra Arata, P’18, P’20, P’22, Potomac, MD
- Mark and Gloria Altherr P’19, New York, NY
- Tizzy Bannister P’20, New York, NY
- David Caplan and Karen Wagner, P’20, New York, NY
- Curt ’85 and Michelle Carpenter, P’16, P’19, Phoenix, AZ
- Eduardo and Adriana De Castro, P’21, Coral Gables, FL
- Hector and Liliana Goncalves P’21, Miami, FL
- Tim and Alida Hanson, P’21, Brookline, MA
- Gary Hyman and Efrot Weiss, P’20, Tokyo, Japan
- Sanjiv and Karen Jain, P’21, Worcester, United Kingdom
- Stephen and Joanne Jones P’20, Bronxville, NY
- Ejaz Kamboj and Saba Alim, P’21, Las Vegas, NV
- Daniel and Lynne Kuperstein, P’21, Southborough, MA
- Glenn and Carol Lew P’19, Laguna Hills, CA
- Jonathan and Nancy Lurie P’21, Los Angeles, CA
- Wally and Danielle Maloney P’19, Summit, NJ
- Jonathan and Elizabeth Marks P’19, New York, NY
- Keith and Cindy Morris P’19, New Canaan, CT
- Carter and Tania Neild, P’21, Bronxville, NY
- Andy and Kirsten Pitts, P’21, Greenwich, CT
- Bob and Jane Polansky P’19, Minnetonka, MN
- Jay and Adeena Pultman P’19, Teaneck, NJ
- Massimo and Farla Russo P’20, Brookline, MA
- Michael and Nancy Sargent P’18, Fairfield, CT
- Soumyo and Sherry Sarkar P’19, New York, NY
- Ram Singh and Sushma Bhadauria, P’20, Los Angeles, CA
- Vaidyanathan and Aruna Sivakumar, P’21, New Delhi, India
- John and Marcy Sznewajs, P’21, Bloomfield MI
- Hugh ’84 and Jennifer Thomas P’20, Rochester, NY
- Bruce Tobey and Rae Sanchini, P’20, Pacific Palisades, CA
- Son and Tram Tran P’19, Vienna, VA
- Derek Trulson and Jennifer Gardner P’19, New York, NY
- Nina Urban ’84, P’21, Washington, DC
- Grahame and Cathy Weinbren P’19, New York, NY
- Patrick Weyer and Ling Yang P’21, Medfield, MA
- Morris Wheeler and Joanne Cohen, P’21, Shaker Heights, OH
- Thomas Wu and Rachel Chin P’20, San Francisco, CA
- David Yeh and Quian Wang P’19, Mercer Island, WA