Hopkins Parents Council
Join the 70+ families from across the country and around the globe who serve on the Hopkins Parents Council. Members reach out to other families each year to encourage support, serve as university advocates, and meet with JHU leaders and administrators at the Homewood campus.
Hopkins Parents Council members are asked to:
- Support the Hopkins Parents Fund with an annual minimum gift at the Leadership Giving Circle – Leader Level.
- Attend at least one of the two campus meetings each year (Family Weekend and once during spring semester).
- Contact three to five Hopkins families to encourage support of the Parents Fund.
- Attend or host on-campus events and local receptions.
- Be an advocate for JHU in your home community.
The Hopkins Parents Council has paved the way for us to network with other Blue Jay Families. The work of the HPC provides students with an array of extracurricular activities, ways to build camaraderie, develop skills outside of the classroom, and get a break from their busy academic lives. How could we not want to be a part of that?
– Steve Vitcov and Ruby Ghadially P’17
Massimo and Stacy Pinelli P’14, P’18, New York, NY
A Message from the Chairs
We are honored and delighted to lead the family volunteer and giving efforts for Johns Hopkins University. Whether you are new parents of the Class of 2021 or like us — two-time veterans of a Hopkins 2014 graduate and current senior, we want you to know that parents are highly valued and important members of the Hopkins family!
The Parents Programs and Giving office and the Hopkins Parents Council are here to partner with you on your family’s extraordinary journey. We encourage you to fully integrate into the university community and “jump in” to create and enrich your own Hopkins experience. We suggest:
- Volunteering on campus and/or at home.
- Supporting your student’s experience.
- Reading the Blue Jay Family Flyer and other JHU publications.
- Attending regional and on-campus JHU events and programs.
As parents, we share a common interest of wanting the best undergraduate experience for our students. Your enthusiastic support and participation will help ensure that happens. We look forward to meeting you and working beside you.
– Massimo and Stacy Pinelli
Hopkins Parents Fund Chairs: Ronan and Maggie Harty P’19, Brooklyn, NY
PIN Chairs: Elizabeth and Chris Steele P’20, Houston, TX
Rising to the Challenge Campaign Cabinet Representatives:
Eric Kornblau and Stacy Kanter P’12, P’17, New York, NY
Celeste and Bruce Gebhardt P’18, Tuxedo Park, NY
Class of 2018
Carlos and Betty Del Toro P’18, Alexandria, VA
Rajiv and Nina Taneja P’18, Los Altos Hills, CA
Class of 2019
Bill and Jill Manny P’19, New York, NY
Robert and Barbara ’77 Goldfarb P’19, Golden Beach, FL
Class of 2020
Mary Loeken P’20, Dover, MA
Class of 2021
- Daniel Alpert and Kara Sheinart ’85, P’18, Scarsdale, NY
- Mark and Gloria Altherr P’19, New York, NY
- Tizzy Bannister P’20, New York, NY
- Jim and Mimi Broner P’18, New York, NY
- George Cai and Julia Lin P’18, Lake Oswego, OR
- Bill and Carol Caporizzo P’18, Weston, MA
- Michael Cohen and Susan Katz-Cohen P’15, P’18, Newton, MA
- Dan and Inge ’81 Damstra P’20, Newtown Square, PA
- Martin and Maureen Fossum P’18, London, England
- Bruce and Celeste Gebhardt P’18, Tuxedo Park, NY
- Bob Gottlieb and Jill McDonough P’18, Cupertino, CA
- Stephen Hans and Wendy Fleishman P’15, P’18, New York, NY
- Gregg ’84 and Paula Heacock P’16, P’18, Annapolis, MD
- Stephen and Joanne Jones P’20, Bronxville, NY
- Joe and Laurie Klinow P’19 New York, NY
- Glenn and Carol Lew P’19, Laguna Hills, CA
- Wally and Danielle Maloney P’19, Summit, NJ
- Jonathan and Elizabeth Marks P’19, New York, NY
- Michael Marks P’18, New York, NY
- John and Rosemary McManus P’18, Basking Ridge, NJ
- Keith and Cindy Morris P’19, New Canaan, CT
- Ravi Nursey and Maitri Kumar P’18, New York, NY
- Tom and Linda Petrone P’18, Greenwich, CT
- Bob and Jane Polansky P’19, Minnetonka, MN
- Jay and Adeena Pultman P’19, Teaneck, NJ
- Natan and Ilana Rosen P’18, Thornhill, Ontario
- Massimo and Farla Russo P’20, Brookline, MA
- Michael and Nancy Sargent P’18, Fairfield, CT
- Soumyo and Sherry Sarkar P’19, New York, NY
- Seth ’79 and Joyce Schulman P’12, P’18, Ambler, PA
- Dennis and Jamie Scurletis P’18, Rumson, NJ
- Bruce and Irene Steinberg P’20, Scarsdale, NY
- Chris and Elizabeth Steele P’20, Houston, TX
- Brian ’92 and Carolyn Swett P’20, Glencoe, IL
- Hugh ’84 and Jennifer Thomas P’20, Rochester, NY
- Son and Tram Tran P’19, Vienna, VA
- Derek Trulson and Jennifer Gardner P’19, New York, NY
- Maulin and Hetal Vidwans P’19, West Chester, PA
- Grahame and Cathy Weinbren P’19, New York, NY
- Richard Weinert and Sylvia Ann Hewlett P’19, New York, NY
- Larry ’80 and Carol Wolfe P’18, Scarsdale, NY
- Thomas Wu and Rachel Chin P’20, San Francisco, CA
- David Yeh and Quian Wang P’19, Mercer Island, WA