Stay on top of the latest news, events, resources, and happenings at JHU.
Parent and Family Guide
The JHU Parent and Family Guide is released each year and provides a broad overview of the campus and relevant campus and community resources.
College Ready Guide
Blue Jay Families have an opportunity to receive the College Ready 2021 guide for free! The guide addresses top-of-mind concerns including packing, money, staying connected, promoting responsible independence, and supporting academic success. Each chapter is written by a college or university official who works with parents to enhance student success at the collegiate level. To receive your copy, please click here and use the promo code Hopkins2021 at checkout.
The Blue Jay Family Flyer is published monthly and provides well-timed updates on student life, academic support services, family events, involvement opportunities, and much more. The Blue Jay Family Connection is published each semester by the Vice Provost of Student Affairs. JHU also communicates campus updates as needed throughout the year. Family members will automatically receive newsletters and email communication at the email address provided by your student on the Student Information System (SIS).
If you are a family member of an incoming student, you will also receive the Blue Jay Family Welcome, a series of weekly emails during the summer leading up to your Blue Jay’s arrival on campus.
Updating Your Email Address
Your student may add or update your email address on the Student Information System (SIS).
“Like” us on Facebook to receive frequent updates on JHU happenings, events, and approaching deadlines.
Please note that these recordings may include time-sensitive information, such as key dates and deadlines, that is specific to a prior academic year and may have changed since the date of the original webinar.
Details coming soon. Unless otherwise noted, all webinars begin at 7 p.m. Eastern Time. Please continue to check back for registration information.
- Learning about Student Disability Services in a Remote Environment (recorded November 2020)
- Fall-ing for Hopkins: What Students Can Expect This Semester (recorded September 2020)
- How to Manage Financial Changes (recorded April 2020)
- Support your First Generation Student (recorded February 2020)
- Get Curious: How Parents can boost Transformative Life Design Students (recorded January 2020)
- A Dive Into Fraternity and Sorority Life at Johns Hopkins University (recorded January 2020)
- Navigating Academic Success: Academic Advising & Academic Support at JHU (recorded December 2019)
- The Blue Jay Family Guide to Off-Campus Housing (recorded November 2019)
- Understanding the Accommodations Process for Students with Disabilities (recorded October 2019)
- Understanding Care & Accountability at JHU (recorded September 2019)
- Dining Programs: Navigating Campus Dining, Resources & Offerings (recorded August 2019)
- Student Health Benefits: An Overview of Health, Vision & Dental Plans at Johns Hopkins University (recorded June 2019)
We encourage you to contact Parents and Family Relations with questions or concerns. Please email or call us at (410)-516-7355 anytime!