Top 10 Things to Help You Plan Your Class of 2018 Celebration
- Graduates are encouraged to attend the Barnes & Noble Johns Hopkins University Graduation Fair April 12 to 14 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Students will be able to purchase their cap and gown, personalized announcements, and diploma frames here. GradImages® also will be on-site to take senior portraits. Graduates can also purchase a cap and gown online.
- Wednesday, May 23 is the Senior Celebration, a day of academic receptions and club gatherings on Homewood campus. Visit the Senior Celebration page for specific event information.
- Tickets are required for the Senior Toast, a Homewood undergraduate champagne and dessert reception, on Wednesday, May 23 from 8:30 – 10:30 p.m. A student may request up to 5 tickets, which should include one for themselves. Tickets, including for the graduates, are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please encourage your student to reserve tickets early.
- On the day of Commencement, Thursday, May 24, doors to the Royal Farms Arena will open at 12:00 p.m. Student lineup begins at 12:30 p.m. Tickets are not required for the ceremony.
- For the safety of our guests, all backpacks and bags larger 13″ x 15″ are not permitted in the Royal Farms Arena (including camera bags, purses, and any luggage). All bags, regardless of size, will be searched upon entry to the arena.
- Public parking is limited around the arena. We encourage families to consider the Commencement shuttle, public transportation, Uber, Lyft or a taxi. Information is available on the Commencement Parking and Transportation page.
- On Thursday, May 24 JHU will operate a shuttle beginning at 9:30 a.m. from Mason Hall on Homewood campus to the Royal Farms Arena. Free parking, on a first-come, first-served basis, is available in the South Garage on campus.
- For family and friends who cannot attend Commencement, the ceremony will be webcast. A link to the webcast will be available on the Commencement website’s Stories & Pictures page the week of May 21.
- To request ASL interpreters, assisted listening devices, and large print or Braille program booklets contact the Commencement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-516-7711 by April 24.
- Stay connected with us on social media! Follow Commencement on Facebook or on Instagram at @jhucommencement, #jhu2018.
In March, parents of students expected to graduate in May should have received a letter and email from the Commencement Office. If you did not receive your letter or email, or have questions, please contact the Commencement Office at email@example.com.