Policies and Procedures
General Facility Policies
- In order to enter the O’Connor Recreation Center a valid membership card (J-Card, JHMI Card, Recreation Center membership card, driver’s license or passport) is required to be shown at the Welcome Desk. No exceptions!
- Membership cards are non-transferable and any attempt to use another person’s membership card will result in confiscation of the card and possible member/guest suspension.
- The Recreation Center staff is not responsible for any user’s personal belongings.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times and includes shirts, shorts/pants, and non-marking/closed-toe footwear.
- The fitness and weight rooms have specific attire. For more information visit the Fitness and Weight Rooms page.
- The Recreation Staff reserves the right to make decisions on specific attire on a case by case basis.
- For questions on specific attire, contact Morgan Munoz.
- The equipment is located off the lower lobby of the Recreation Center.
- Equipment such as basketballs, volleyballs, racquetball, squash, tennis and badminton rackets and balls/birdies, can be checked out at the equipment room.
- A picture ID (J-Card or Recreation Center membership card) must be presented in order to check out any equipment. Unreturned or damaged equipment will result in a fine equal to the replacement cost of said item.
Indoor Track Policies
- The indoor track is located on the first floor of the Recreation Center overlooking the Robert Scott Gymnasium.
- The Track is 1/10th of a mile long (10 times around is equivalent to one mile).
- The track changes directions daily. Please check the direction of the track (located on a sign at the entrance to the track) before beginning your workout.
Racquetball and Squash Court Policies
- Racquetball and square court reservations can be made one day in advance beginning at 6 a.m. on weekdays, 8 a.m. on Saturdays, and 10 a.m. on Sundays. Same-day reservations are not permitted. A patron can only reserve for one hour at a time.
- All check-out equipment (rentals) must be assigned to a Recreation Center member on the computer inventory system. Valid member IDs must be presented at the time of checkout.
- The equipment will be inspected upon return. If damages occur the member or guest will be responsible for the cost of repairing or replacing the item.
- No food or drink is permitted on the court area.
- Appropriate non-marking footwear is required. No dress shoes, boots or bare feet. Shirts are required at all times.
- Dunking or rim hanging is not permitted.
- During scheduled open badminton and open volleyball times those activities have priority for court space. All other times when there are no scheduled activities or groups, activities are based on a first-come, first-served basis.