Johns Hopkins University diplomas are original, engraved, legal documents and cannot be copied, reduced in size, or reproduced by the Office of the Registrar.
When you apply to graduate in SIS make certain all information is correct. Your diploma is a legal document, therefore, the printed name must match what is listed in your student record.
Frequently Asked Questions
Replacement or duplicate diplomas may be ordered for $55 (check, money order, or credit card only- no cash) and take approximately 3-4 weeks for processing and delivery. Please complete a PDF Document: Duplicate Diploma Order Form and return to the Office of the Registrar with a copy of photo ID.
Diplomas for all summer and fall graduates will be direct mailed once final clearance has been received from your advising office.
Diplomas for all spring graduates will be distributed at the universitywide Commencement Ceremony in May. Diplomas not retrieved at the ceremony will be available for pick-up at the Office of the Registrar or mailed.
If you have a financial hold, student loan hold or academic hold on your student record, you will not receive a diploma or transcript until the obligation has been fulfilled. This does not prevent your actual graduation or conferral of degree.
If a correction needs to be made to the first or last name, contact the Office of the Registrar before you apply for graduation. You will need to provide legal documentation to correct or change your name on your student record (middle names are the only exception).
Degree program and major(s) are printed on the diploma. Primary major will be listed first, and additional majors will follow. Minors, concentrations, options, and honors are not printed on diplomas, but can be found on your transcript.
The dimensions of all Johns Hopkins diplomas are 17″ x 14″.
Certified Electronic Credentials
Johns Hopkins University now offers Certified Electronic Diplomas and Certificates, available to download through Myhub, a service of the National Student Clearinghouse.
- More than a paper credential.
- An official, secure and verifiable PDF version of your accomplishment!
- Different from a transcript.
- Unlimited sharing with family, friends, employers and social media.
- Proof of education with only the important details.
- Simple for employers to read and understand.
- Better than an eDiploma.
- Enhances your resume.
- Expedite the verification process by providing your CeDiD and validation URL on your resume.
- Each CeDiploma and/or CeCertificate can be independently validated here by future employers, State Government Licensing Agencies and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is digitally signed and encrypted, providing greater trust and acceptance.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
Note: A credential may not be available for all conferral dates.
For additional information about the Certified Electronic Credential and its features, please visit cecredentialtrust.com.
CeCredential Trust®, CeDiploma®, CeCertificate® and CeDiD® are registered trademarks
CeCredential™, TruID™ and TruSeal™ are trademarks
Validation Services is patent pending