Logging Service Hours
All students participating in a student initiative are required to track and log all of your service hours throughout the year. We are using a system called, Track it Forward, so all service hours can be logged easily. You should download the mobile app too.
Presidents and student group leaders should continue reminding their members to join and become a member of your student group and initiative in Hopkins Groups. Learn more below about Track it Forward.
Getting Started in Track it Forward
Students must create a Track it Forward account to log service hours. By registering for Track it Forward, you’ll be able to track and log your service hours within seconds. This process only takes a few minutes to complete, so follow these steps:
- Step 1: Submit the Center for Social Concern’s Waiver of Liability
- Step 2: Create a “Track it Forward account” so you can begin tracking and logging your service hours.
- Step 3: Download the free Track it Forward mobile app so you can log your service hours anywhere, anytime!
Read more details below on how to get started.
Track it Forward is our service hour tracking system that you’ll use to log and track your service hours for your student initiative. Remember that your service hours will also count towards HopServe50. If you are interested participating in HopServe50, simply register for Track it Forward by October 31, 2016 and select “yes” you are interested in participating in HopServe50. It’s that easy!
It will literally take you 1 minute to create an account and set up a profile. Follow the step-by-step directions below for more assistance.
- Enter your email address and create a password on the registration page
- Complete all applicable fields, including your JHED ID (*****Your JHED ID is NOT your SIS ID.Locate your JHED ID using these instructions.)
- Make sure have completed the CSC’s Waiver of Liability.
- Click “Sign up.”
- You’ve now completed Step 2!
You must log your hours weekly! You can view a running count of your service hours by logging into your Track it Forward profile at any time. If you’d rather log your hours via the Track it Forward mobile app, see Step 3 below.
- To download the mobile app, just go to the App Store or Google Play and search for “Track it Forward” or “Volunteer Time Tracking” and you’ll find it!
- NOTE: you must create a “Track it Forward” Profile before you can download the mobile app.
- Once you download the app, enter your “email address” and “password” that you used during your initial Track it Forward registration.
- Every time you complete a service or activity, simply submit the “hours”, “date”, “organization or affiliation” through the mobile app.
- You can also enter any additional information (i.e. name of organization you worked with and other details in the “notes” field.
- Example: Volunteered at My Sister’s Place Lodge and helped serve food.
- Get involved and start tracking your hours!
Getting Involved in HopServe50
HopServe50 is an academic year service challenge to all undergraduate and graduate Homewood students to serve a minimum of 50 hours of non-paid civic engagement activities in Baltimore City. All CSC student group service hours can count towards HopServe50.