Student Group Re-Registration
Student Group Re-Registration Period
Opens March 15 and Closes at 11:59 PM on April 15.
The Center for Social Concern’s Student group re-registration takes place online through Hopkins Groups. All groups must complete the entire re-registration process by April 15th at 11:59 PM. Failure to meet this deadline may result in a group suspension for the upcoming academic year.
Student Group Re-Registration
If you are an approved Center for Social Concern student group, we will provide your group funding, advise you, and set the policies for your group to follow. In addition, Student Leadership and Involvement organizes the fall Student Involvement Fair and manages Hopkins Groups.
For more information about the student group re-registration process, view the Group Management Handbook which can be found on the Forms and Policies page of our website.
Before you begin student group re-registration, please be aware that the Hopkins Groups website does not allow you to save your answers and return to the form later. This is why the Center for Social Concern has put much of our process into Word and PDF documents you can edit offline and upload later.
Before you begin the re-registration process, gather the following materials:
- Completed Guiding Document (Word Document: view .doc version) or (PDF Document: view .pdf version)<
- You must use this template; all questions are required.
- Your group should already have most of this information from last year.
- Completed 2017-18 Academic Year Plans (Word Document: view .doc version) or (PDF Document: view .pdf version)
- You must use this template; all questions are required, including information about all community partners with whom you intend to work next year.
- Completed 2017-18 Budget Excel Document: (view .xlsx version)
- You must use this template.
- Be specific/detailed and include details for all service projects you intend to do next year.
- Include details about any revenue you intend to generate through fundraisers, dues, etc.
- Details about financial policies are available in the the Group Management Handbook which can be found on the Forms and Policies page of our website.
- Your Group’s Logo (if you have one)
- A Profile Picture (optional)
- This is the “cover photo” for Hopkins Groups at the top of your page.
- Social Media Information
- You’ll be asked to include a link to your group’s Facebook page (if you have one).
- Contact Information for Your Local/National Affiliate
- If your group is affiliated with a local or national organization (for example, Habitat or Circle K, etc.) please have the name, email, and phone number for your contact at the national office.
- Roster Information
- You must have at least 10 members in your group.
- You will be required to indicate who will be your group’s president, treasurer, and main point of contact (for Hopkins Groups).
Once you have these materials, follow “Steps for Re-Registration” in the next tab.
Steps for Re-Registration
Before you begin the steps below, please read the “Important Information” tab about group re-registration.
NOTE: the documents you will upload through this process are slightly different than those for Student Leadership and Involvement groups, therefore, you should follow instructions from members of the Center for Social Concern staff in order to avoid getting information meant for other groups. Continue reading below about the student group re-registration process.
Step 1: Hopkins Groups
Step 2: Update Student Group Information
- Find your student group in “Organizations”.
- Click “Re-register my organization” (at the top).
Step 3: Update your Profile
- Include the mission statement of your organization under “Organization Description” (Note: this is also one of the questions from the Guiding Document, so you can cut/paste).
- Update your roster.
- Remove graduating seniors and those who are not active.
- Update the officers.
- You must have at least 10 students on your roster.
- Update or add your organization’s profile picture.
- Sign up for the Student Involvement Fair.
Step 4: You will be taken to a page titled “Organization Information and Advising”
- Under “Organization Category” select “Center for Social Concern”.
- Under “Category Coordinator” select “Caroline Ouwerkerk–Center for Social Concern”.
- Note: this designation is just for the purposes of this form. Your CSC advisor has not changed.
- Check the box regarding the “Category Coordinator Meeting Acknowledgement”.
- This is indicating that you must be responsive to meeting with the CSC throughout the year.
- Under “Content Advisor”–please list the name of any other JHU affiliate who may be advising you.
- If this is not applicable, please write “N/A”.
Step 5: Risk Management and Travel Plans
- Answer all questions according to your group’s intended activities for 2017-2018.
Step 6: Branding Guidelines and Logo
- The University’s central communications office has updated the guidelines for branding across campus, and will be reviewing all student group names to make sure they comply with the new guidelines (PDF Document: view .pdf version of policy).
- This page of the re-registration form asks you to review the guidelines and check the box indicating that you have read them.
- Please do not worry about these guidelines as we will be offering workshops to help you understand the guidelines and help you make any changes that may be necessary.
- Upload your logo on this page.
Step 7: Center for Social Concern Group Resources
- This page contains information about the various resources available to you as a CSC group, including our in-person workshops and reflection session facilitators.
Step 8: Center for Social Concern Group Budget
- Upload your CSC group budget.
- You must use the CSC’s 2017-18 Budget Template Excel Document: (view .xlsx version).
Step 9: Center for Social Concern Additional Questions
- Upload your completed 2017-18 Academic Year Plans Template.
- Sign up for the annual CSC Group Meet-and-Greet in September.
Step 10: Guiding Document
- Upload your Guiding Document.
- Click “Submit” and you’re finished re-registering your group!
Congratulations, you have completed group re-registration. The Center for Social Concern will be in contact with you shortly. Thank you for re-registering your CSC group. We appreciate all of the work you do to support Baltimore.
The Center for Social Concern will be offering a number of information sessions and office hours during the re-registration period in order to answer any questions you might have. A list of these sessions appears below.
NOTE: Please do not attend workshops offered by Student Leadership and Involvement as they will not be relevant to you.
Still have questions? Contact your CSC intern, your advisor, or Caroline Ouwerkerk, Assistant Director.
Re-Registration Session Schedule
You do not need to register in advance. Attend the whole session and you’ll walk away having completely re-registered your organization. Please bring a laptop.
- Wednesday, March 29th from 7-9pm, Center for Social Concern
- Friday, March 31 10am-12 PM, Center for Social Concern
- Tuesday, April 4, 7-9 PM, Center for Social Concern
- Thursday, April 6, 7-9 PM, Center for Social Concern
- Wednesday, April 12, 7-9 PM, Center for Social Concern
- Friday, April 14, 10 AM-2 PM, Center for Social Concern