Center for Social Concern Tutorial Project Permission Bus Form
This form must be completed by a parent/guardian since child is under 18 years of age.
Child's Health Information
THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY
CENTER FOR SOCIAL CONCERN
Tutorial Project Conditions of Participation
As the parent/guardian, I acknowledge and agree to adhere to the following Johns Hopkins Tutorial Project Conditions of Participation:
- My child will attend every tutoring session unless he/she is sick.
- I will call the Johns Hopkins Tutorial office, 410.516.7673, if my child will be absent. Failure to do so may affect my child’s ability to remain in the program.
- I am responsible for ensuring my child is chaperoned and at the bus stop at the designated time. I understand that the Johns Hopkins Tutorial Project is only responsible for my child while he/she is on the bus and at tutoring.
- Four absences, excused or unexcused, will result in removal from the Johns Hopkins Tutorial Project.
- In the event of snow, our program will follow the schedule of the Baltimore City Public Schools. If schools are closed, or close early, there will be no tutoring that day. If schools open late in the morning, we will have tutoring as usual.
- I understand my child’s privilege to ride the bus will be revoked if he/she is misbehaving on the bus. The bus policy is as follows:
1. First Incident – After the first serious misbehavior on the bus, you will receive a phone call from our student director informing you of what happened. We ask that you reinforce appropriate bus behavior with your child.
2. Second Incident – After the second serious misbehavior on the bus, your child will not be allowed to ride the bus for the next tutoring session. If you are able to arrange transportation, your child may attend tutoring. Bus transportation will resume for your child after that.
3. Third Incident – After the third serious misbehavior, your child will no longer be allowed to ride the bus to or from tutoring. If you are able to arrange permanent transportation, your child may continue to attend tutoring.
- My child will not bring any food or beverage to tutoring. I understand that if my child does bring food, it will be taken away and returned to him/her at the end of tutoring.
- I will contact my child’s student director or the Tutorial office if any of my contact or emergency information changes.
I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS IN ANY WAY WILL RESULT IN MY CHILD'S REMOVAL FROM THE TUTORIAL PROJECT.