Pre-Entrance Health Requirements
All incoming students to Johns Hopkins University are required to meet certain health requirements prior to attending. Failure to comply with these health requirements prior to your arrival on campus will block you from adding or dropping classes, interrupt your orientation and may result in a $100 health form completion fee.
Pre-entrance health requirements must be completed by the following dates:
Early Arrivals: May 30
Fall admission: July 15
Spring admission: January 15
Post-doctoral fellows: One month prior to the start of your appointment
Completing the Pre-Entrance Health Requirements
In following the AMA Code of Medical Ethics 1.2.1, the JHU SHWC will not accept any medical forms completed by a medical clinician family member.
Please carefully follow these steps to complete the pre-entrance health requirements:
Step One: Complete and have medical provider sign the pre-entrance health form
- Download the PDF Document: pre-entrance health form (PDF)
- Post-docs: Download the PDF Document: Post-Doctoral Health Form (PDF)
- No physical examination required
- To verify your immunizations, your pre-entrance health form must be signed by your health care provider
- OR, in lieu of a provider’s signature, you may attach a copy of your official immunization record to your completed pre-entrance health form
- Pre-entrance health form and supporting documents must be completed in English
- Please do not submit any CDs or actual laboratory films
- Make a copy of your completed pre-entrance health form for your records
Important: Save the completed pre-entrance health form (with medical provider signature OR attached vaccine history records) to your computer in JPG or PDF format. You will upload this file when you are completing the online health web portal Immunization form.
If you have any questions or concerns, pertaining to the completion of these requirements please call 410-516-8270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step Two: Register for the PyraMED Health WebPortal and complete the required online health forms
Once you have completed Step One, follow these instructions to register for the Health WebPortal to complete the online health forms including the upload of the pre-entrance health form with vaccine history records as required.
Special instructions for post-doctoral fellows
As a post-doctoral fellow, you will first need your Hopkins ID and email address to register your account on the PyraMED Health WebPortal.
To first be added to the health center’s database, email Casey Sonneborn (email@example.com) the following information:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Signed copy of your appointment letter
- Hopkins/SIS (if provided – you might not get this until on campus)
Upload Private Insurance Card
(ONLY to be completed by domestic students who have waived out of the university’s insurance plan.)
- Log in to the Student Health WebPortal
- Click on the Document Upload tab
- Select type of document (insurance card), browse to choose the file, and then hit “save”.
- You will then see the message: “Upload Successful! Your document is now uploaded.”