Trans and Genderqueer Students
At the Student Health and Wellness Center, we believe every student deserves care that affirms their identity. We want all transgender and genderqueer members of our community to be sure they are not alone and not ignored. We strive to fulfill their needs so they can feel healthy, safe, and empowered. To help determine a regimen that’s best for you, we encourage you to visit our office and speak with a professional who will personally guide you to fulfill your needs.
Please scroll through following links to discover resources and information from which you might benefit.
Understanding Trans and Genderqueer Students
- PDF Document: Frequently Asked Questions about Transgender People, Gender Identity, and Gender Expression (PDF)
- Because LGBTQ folks have “unique health needs and concerns,” the Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA) recommends several very popular lists of “Ten Things LGBTQ People Should Discuss With Their Healthcare Provider.”
- The University of California San Francisco Center of Excellence for Transgender Health PDF Document: Guide to Sexual Health for Trans Men (PDF)
- The University of California San Francisco Center of Excellence for Transgender Health PDF Document: Guide to Sexual Health for Trans Women (PDF)
- GLAAD’s Glossary and Reference Guide for Transgender Terms and Experiences
- “I’m Trans. Do I Need Birth Control?”
- “Basic Issues in Transgender Mental Health”
- “Coming Out in the Workplace as Transgender”
- “Coming Out as a Transgender Person: A Workbook”
- Resources for Parents with Transgender Children
Visit the sites below for information on transitioning, glossaries of terms, links for support groups, legal resources, and frequently asked questions about gender identity and expression.
- Chase Brexton
- Fenway Health
- Free State Legal: Legal advice and advocacy
- Susan’s Place: The largest online transgender community for MTF, FTM, and genderqueer persons
- National Center for Transgender Equality (NCTE): Learn about your healthcare rights
- The Association for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Issues in Counseling: Resources in health, activism, spirituality, and research