Fellowship payments can be made in 1 of 2 ways, either by semi-monthly payroll or by lump-sum payment.
- If you wish to pay a fellowship payment on a semi-monthly basis you must first create a ‘Non-Employee’ position followed by an ISR New Hire.
- If you wish to give a student a lump-sum fellowship payment you can do so using an ISR Bonus Supplement, provided the student has an active position in payroll.
- You CANNOT ‘Reassign’ a Fellowship pernr to a ‘Wage’ position and vice versa.
- You CANNOT pay a taxable lump-sum Bonus Supplement using a Non-Employee pernr.
For more information regarding fellowship payments please check out the following web links. You can also contact the Office of University Experiential Learning at 410-516-8414.
- FELLOWSHIP PAYMENTS TO GRADUATE STUDENTS – please note, the information on this page also pertains to undergraduate students who receives a fellowship.
- FELLOWSHIP PAYMENTS TO POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWS