Fellowship Payments

Fellowship payments can be made in 1 of 2 ways, either by semi-monthly payroll or by lump-sum payment.

  • If you wish to pay a fellowship payment on a semi-monthly basis you must first create a ‘Non-Employee’ position followed by an ISR New Hire.
  • If you wish to give a student a lump-sum fellowship payment you can do so using an ISR Bonus Supplement, provided the student has an active position in payroll.


  • You CANNOT ‘Reassign’ a Fellowship pernr to a ‘Wage’ position and vice versa.
  • You CANNOT pay a taxable lump-sum Bonus Supplement using a Non-Employee pernr.


For more information regarding fellowship payments please check out the following web links. You can also contact the Office of University Experiential Learning at 410-516-8414.