ISR Do’s / Don’ts
- When hiring a Homewood student, regardless of where the student works within JHU, you must select Student Employment Services as the Approver 2.
- Make sure that ALL fields on the ISR are complete; incomplete/incorrect documents may be rejected causing a delay in payroll.
- Verify that the position being used is VACANT -and- that the attributes of the position fully match the student being hired.
- Immediately notify Student Employment Services (SES) if you have submitted an Off-Cycle Check Request, this will alert SES that the corresponding ISR should be moved to the top of their ‘approval’ list.
- What to include in the Comment Section of an ISR:
- For Bonus Supplement, the hourly rate, number of hours, and dates worked must be in the comments.
- ISR Position Create forms do NOT require an Approver 2. Thus, when creating positions for students leave the Approver 2 field blank.