Converting Students To Staff

JHU students on university payroll must be removed from their student position(s) once are conferred/graduate unless they have been admitted into a full-time JHU masters or PhD program. Post-docs must be removed when their appointment ends.

Departments who wish to continue employing their student post graduation/conferral must submit an ISR Reassignment to transfer the student to a staff/faculty position.

For international students, VISA restrictions may apply and the hiring department is advised to contact the Office of International Services prior to the reassignment/hire process.

Please note: PH.D. candidates have not officially completed their degree requirements until after the Graduate Board approves his/her candidacy and the President has signed-off on the official degree roster. This occurs three times per year (December, May, and August).

For complete instructions, please click the appropriate link below: