The Student Temp Job Program is designed for short-term job assignments lasting from one hour to 30 days.
When a temp job becomes available, all students registered with the Temp Jobs program are automatically notified by email. This allows students to pick and choose the temporary assignment(s) of their choice and to contact the hiring department directly.
Best of all, there is NO paperwork required by the hiring department. University Experiential Learning handles all required payroll documents. In turn, we charge .50 cents for every hour the student works. This fee is used to sponsor National Student Employment Week @ JHU.
- Temp Jobs can last for 1-hour, 1-day, 1-week, or 1-month; up to 30 days.
- Temp Jobs can be located on any of the JHU campuses (i.e., Homewood, Medicine, Public Health, etc.).
- Federal Work-Study may NOT be used for the Temp Job Program.
- The Confirmation of Campus Employment Form is NOT required for Temp Jobs.
- Only full-time students registered in A&S and Engineering are eligible for this program.
- The hourly wage MUST be $9.25 or higher. When trying to determine the appropriate wage, consider skill-set required.
Post your student Temp Job.
Once submitted and approved, you will begin receiving inquiries from interested students. You may choose to conduct a phone interview or require an in-person interview depending on your job specifics and/or the required skill-set.
Immediately upon hiring a Temp student, you MUST direct them to University Experiential Learning to complete the hiring process and pick-up a GREEN timecard. You will use this timecard to record and approve the students hours as well as providing us with your I/O or Cost Center.
For jobs lasting more than one week, timecards should be submitted to University Experiential Learning each Friday by 4:30 p.m. Be sure the timecard is complete and signed by both you and the student.