Student Job Fair
Thanks to everyone who helped make this year’s Student Job Fair a success!
The Student Job Fair offers Homewood students the opportunity to meet with departments from Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Medicine, Public Health, and others who are looking to hire students to work in their offices and labs in between classes. Many employers conduct mini-interviews on the spot, so come prepared.
Here are some tips to help you prepare:
- Dress is casual
- Bring at least five copies of your Student Job Application. On your application be sure to:
- List all available hours; you can discuss preferred work schedule during the interview.
- Include all work and volunteer experience (your role in a school club, organization, sports team, etc.).
- List all special skills (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, social media, photography, etc.).
- Bring your J-Card (the fair is free to attend, but we need to know who’s entering)
- If you have one, bring at least five copies of your resume
- Bring your class schedule so that you know exactly when you are available to work
- Print and bring your ticket (see below); your application is your ticket to the Job Fair
Get Your Ticket
Students, the Job Fair is FREE. However, you MUST have a ticket and J-Card to get in—no ticket and J-Card, no entry.
Getting a ticket is easy…
- Log in to the Student Employment Web Job Search/Application
- If you have not already registered with us, you must take a five-minute tutorial, after which you will create a username and password.
- Once you have your login, complete your job application. This is your ticket to the Job Fair.
Your ticket is a one-page version of your completed job application. Bring at least five copies to the fair; employers will expect a copy when you speak with them.