The U.S. government requires all employers to verify eligibility to work for each person they hire. As part of that verification process, a Form I-9 must be completed by all employees, including student employees. This refers to students who are new to the university payroll system or students who have had a break in service.
There are two sections that must be completed on the Form I-9:
This section must be completed online by visiting www.newI9.com
- US citizens will use Employer Code 11472; for location choose “Students from KSAS and WSE”
- International students and permanent residents, please see instructions below.
- This section must be completed in-person at the Student Employment Services office within 3-business days of the first day of work for pay; an appointment is required. Make an appointment.
- In order to complete section two, you MUST bring certain required documents to your appointment:
- PDF Document: Confirmation of Campus Employment
- Proof of employment eligibility documents – click to PDF Document: view the complete list of acceptable documents. Please note: Xeroxed and faxed copies cannot be accepted.
International Students and Permanent Residents
- For international students who do not have a social security number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration, you will complete sections one and two of the Form I-9 during your appointment.
- For international students who have a social security number issued by the U.S. Social Security Administration, you can complete section one by following these steps:
- Sign on to www.newI9.com
- Insert employer code 11472 and “continue”
- Enter the text indicated in the box and “continue”
- Complete section one of the Form I-9
- Select “Non-U.S. citizen faculty, staff, and student” as location
- Review the information for accuracy
- Complete the agreement section
- Click “continue”
- Make an appointment with SES to complete section two