Identification Badge

Homewood Students working at School of Medicine

Student jobs at School of Medicine are considered ‘ON-CAMPUS’ employment. Nevertheless, Homewood students who work at School of Medicine must have a proper JHMI Identification Badge. To obtain the proper ID Badge, the following steps must be taken.

  1. HIRING DEPARTMENT – Must draft a letter to the SOM Registrar’s Office requesting that an ID Badge be issued. The letter MUST include the student’s Full Name, Work Location, Start Date, End Date, Employee Number, and reason for badge.
  2. STUDENT – Take department letter to the School of Medicine Registrar’s Office
  3. REGISTRAR’S OFFICE – Completes an ID Request Form; the student takes the completed form to the JHMI ID Office
  4. JHMI ID OFFICE – Issues the student their badge

Homewood Students working on other JHU campuses

For student jobs located on most other JHU campuses, the J-Card is the only ID you will need. Be sure to keep your J-Card with you at all times and protect it from damage as much as possible. To report a lost or stolen card, contact the J-Card Office.