Get Your W-2 Form

Students who earn an hourly wage and/or salary from the University will be issued a W-2 form on or before January 31.

What is a W-2?

This form reports your annual earnings as well as the amount of federal, state, and other taxes withheld from your paycheck. To print a copy of your W-2, please follow the instructions below.

How to get your W-2

Active Students

First, you will need to go to the Employee Self Service (ESS) website to verify your address and choose how you want to receive your W-2 form: electronically or by mail.

For Electronic W-2 Access: Action is required even if you approved online delivery in the past. If you want to access your 2018 W-2 online you will need to complete an online consent using ESS by December 31, 2018. Please visit the 2018 W-2 forms information web page for step-by-step instructions regarding the consent process.

To Receive Your W-2 in the mail: If you do not complete the consent by December 31, 2018, your W-2 will be mailed to the permanent address in your ESS record. Your W-2 will be mailed to you by January 31, 2019. If that is the option you prefer, it is still important that you go to the ESS page to make sure your permanent address is up to date.

Terminated Students

Student who have been terminated from the university payroll system will receive a copy of their W-2 by mail. This is true even if you previously elected to receive your W-2 electronically. Thus, you should confirm that HR Payroll Shared Services has your current mailing address. You can reach HR Payroll Shared Services by calling 443-997-5828.

Have Questions about your W-2?

If you have problems accessing your W-2, please call 443-997-5828. If you have questions about information on your W-2, please email or call 443-997-8688.