Temp Job Program
This program is designed for short-term, temporary on-campus job assignments lasting from 1-hour to 30 days.
When employers post a temp job, students are automatically notified by email. This allows students to pick and choose the assignment(s) they wish to apply for. Unlike traditional student jobs where students have to submit an application and wait to be contacted, with ‘temp’ jobs, students contact the employer directly.
- Jobs can last for one hour, one day, one week, or one month, but not more than 30 days.
- Jobs can be located on any of the JHU campuses (i.e. Homewood, Medicine, Public Health, etc.).
- These are non–work-study assignments.
- Only full-time students registered in KSAS and WSE are eligible.
- Temp jobs start at $9.25/hour and up. The average wage is $10/hour.
To get started, students must complete the Temp Jobs Application. Once approved, the student will begin receiving temp job notices via email. The approval process takes 24–48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
Once the student receives an email notice about a temp job that interests them, they contact the hiring department directly. Upon hire, the student must visit the Office of Student Employment Services (SES) for a green timecard. If this is the student’s first temp assignment, they must also complete the Form I-9.
- If the student is not already in the university payroll system, they must complete a Form I-9 when they accept their first temp assignment.
- Students must record their hours on a green timecard. Green timecards are available in the SES office.
- When the assignment is complete, students return their timecard to SES for processing.
- For assignments lasting more than one pay cycle, timecards should be submitted by the appropriate cut-off date.
- Students MUST be sure that the timecard is complete and signed by both themselves and the hiring department.