Define Your Interests and Skills
Start by identifying your interests and skills
Understand how these factors influence your decisions. This will provide a solid foundation for career and life design.
Assess your interests, values, and skills. This will help you identify appropriate educational or career options. There are so many possibilities, and you are likely to do well in a variety of careers.
Try to align your strengths and interests with related careers and academic programs.
- Career Key: Follow step-by-step instructions to create a list of your skills.
- National Career Development Association (NCDA): Explore the tools in the “Self-Assessment” menu.
- O*NET Interest Profiler: Take the O*NET Interest Profiler to align your interests with possible careers.
- PDF Document: Career Focus Matrix: Integrate your self-assessment results to identify compatible organizations, jobs and work cultures.
- PDF Document: 7 Stories Exercise: Analyze your accomplishments to better understand your skills.
- Education Planner: Take a career cluster test to find jobs that match your skill set.
Have you identified the following?