PhDs and Postdocs
Map out your career as a PhD student, doctoral student or postdoctoral fellow.
- JHMI Professional Development and Career Office:Develop professional skills for a successful post-graduate career. The JHMI PDCO supports PhD and doctoral students as well as postdoctoral fellows at the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- PHutures is the Johns Hopkins University professional development and career connections office serving all doctoral students and Postdocs. The Phutures office supports the Whiting School of Engineering, Krieger School of Arts and Science, and works closely with the JHMI PDCO to serve School of Medicine, School of Nursing, and the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- JHU Center for Educational Resources (CER) Teaching Academy: Prepare for teaching careers in higher education. Open to all JHU PhD students and postdocs.
- JHU Center for Leadership Education (CLE): Professional Development Program: Register for a series of brief courses to build professional skills. Open to all graduate students and postdoctoral fellows at Johns Hopkins.
- Library books for PhDs and postdocs: Use this live search to locate career publications available through the Sheridan Libraries.
- NIH videocasts and podcasts: Watch training videocasts and lectures.
- Science Careers: myIDP: Create an individual development plan (IDP), through the American Advancement for the Association of Science (AAAS) website.
- ImaginePhD: join this online community to explore non-academic careers for PhDs in the humanities, social sciences and STEM fields.
- *Skillsoft: take free online courses to help build professional certifications in programs including Lean Six Sigma and the Project Management Institute.
* Note: at present, starred resources are only available to current JHU students with a valid JHED ID.