I’M FIRST Student Organization
Staying connected to others is really important, who you know is often more important than how qualified you are. – Madi Uraih ’18
This student organization enhances student success by cultivating a sense of belonging, inclusion, encouragement, and resilience among first-generation and/or limited-income students.
Who We Are
- First-Generation students are typically from families whose parents, guardians and/or custodial family members have not earned a four-year college degree
- Limited-income students are those with little to no expected family contribution to the cost of education or limited financial means
- FLI students are first-generation, limited-income, or both
- FLI Friends are not first-generation and limited-income
- FLI Graduates are faculty or staff that attended and graduated from college as a first-generation and/or limited-income student
How To Join
All Johns Hopkins University students are welcome to be join the organization. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the process, our programming, our team, or any other questions you may have. You can also join our Facebook student group to stay up-to-date on events and opportunities.
Stay tuned for the Spring 2022 events calendar!