Located on the Homewood campus, the Technology Store is your one-stop-shop for all your computing and mobile device needs. As an Apple Authorized Service Provider, we feature the latest line of Apple laptops and tablets, with special academic pricing that is typically even lower than the “sale” prices from Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, and other major retailers. We also offer a range of accessories for laptops, desktops, tablets and mobile devices, and on-site technical support for students through our Apple, Dell and Hewlett-Packard certified technicians.
Visit us in our new location in the Levering Hall Sherwood Room (adjacent to the coffee bar, 1st floor) Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Have a question? Contact us at email@example.com or 410-516-0448. For the latest information on sales and special events, follow us on Facebook and on Instagram!
You can now place orders from the comfort of your own home! Free delivery and pickup is available on the Homewood campus. To inquire about shipping costs to your location, please call 410-516-0448.
Departmental Orders (SAP Budget Number)
Interested in placing a departmental order? Visit the ServiceNow online store to get started. We aim to fulfill all orders within 6-10 business days (excluding some special orders). Please note that all orders require a valid SAP budget number and supervisor/manager approval before they can be fulfilled. Products that have a serial number (including Apple Watch, iPads and Macs) must be ordered through the above ServiceNow link. Products such as adapters, hard drives and chargers can still be purchased in small quantities on a walk-in basis as a convenience to our departmental customers.
Computer Purchase Program
The Computer Purchase Program aims to provide the best possible technical support environment for students by promoting the purchase of recommended systems. If you’re in the market for a new computer, here’s why we recommend this program:
- Special pricing on Apple recommended systems not likely to be matched elsewhere for comparable configurations, including access to the Apple Back to School promotion.
- Special pricing on select Dell-recommended systems through the JHU/Dell portal.
- Students can receive computer application and troubleshooting support and hardware repair services by certified technicians on the Homewood campus.
- While a student’s system is being repaired, they may borrow a loaner system. This service is exclusively offered only to Technology Store purchasers.
- Revenue generated by sales from the Technology Store is used to directly fund student and faculty technology projects and services.
To select your system:
- Visit our online store.
- Select a pre-configured system from the available models. Please note: Some systems include Safeware extended warranties that include accidental damage coverage. Please call (410-516-0448) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Add the system to your cart. Parents, you can also add a system for yourself at the same discounted pricing.
- Click “Check Out” and complete the required information. You may create an account, or checkout as a guest.
- Choose either “Pick-up in store” or “UPS” as your shipping method.If you prefer to call us with your credit card information, please select “Phone order” as the payment method instead.
Accessories (printers, carrying cases, iPads etc.) and other items can be purchased on-site at the time of pick up if desired; we cannot ship accessories to a home address. In order to provide the highest discount, no configuration changes are available for these systems. You will receive an email confirmation of your order request upon submitting the request form.
The order deadline for home shipping fulfillment has passed and all orders will be held for pick-up at the store. We will still take orders after this date should you wish to purchase a computer through our Computer Purchase Program, but we will not be able to guarantee fulfillment after this date.
Please note: These JHU computer offers are not available directly through other Apple sales channels.
Discounted Dell laptops are available for personal purchase only. Several Dell models are always on display in the Technology Store, and our staff can help guide you to the best mobile device for your needs. However, in most cases your Dell will be custom built and sold/shipped directly to you. Visit the Dell online store to get started. Please note that prices do not include Maryland state sales tax, which will be added at the time of purchase.
We accept VISA, American Express, Discover, P-Cards, J-Cash and SAP Departmental Numbers from all Johns Hopkins Departments (Homewood, SAIS, Hospital, etc.). We do not accept cash or checks.
Financial Aid Assistance
The Technology Store may be able to assist you with applying financial aid funds towards the purchase of an Apple computer. If you would like to request additional financial aid in order to purchase a computer, please contact Student Financial Services to discuss your family’s options with a financial aid adviser.
Standard items purchased from inventory can be returned unopened and undamaged within 14 days for a refund, minus a 15% restocking fee. Custom orders and special-request orders cannot be returned.
We are proud to offer exclusive downloads for all Johns Hopkins University students, faculty and staff:
- Apple’s OS X operating system changes how you see your Mac and what you can do with it. Upgrade for free at the Mac App Store.
- Microsoft Office 365 provides access to Office’s suite of tools anytime, anyplace, on any device. To use Office 365, you will need to sign in with your JHED ID through myJH portal (for students; look in the “Technology” section and log into O365 using your JHEDID@jh.edu) or from the Office 365 portal (for faculty and staff).
- Front Door Software can protect your computer from theft—for free!