Located on the Homewood campus, the Technology Store is your one-stop-shop for all your computing and mobile device needs. As an Apple Authorized Service Provider, we feature the latest line of Apple laptops and tablets, with special academic pricing that is typically even lower than the “sale” prices from Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, and other major retailers. We also offer a range of accessories for laptops, desktops, tablets and mobile devices, and on-site technical support for students through our Apple, Dell and Hewlett-Packard certified technicians.
Visit us in the lower level of Garland Hall Monday through Friday from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Have a question? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-516-0448. For the latest information on sales and special events, follow us on Facebook.
You can now place orders from the comfort of your own home! Free delivery and pickup is available on the Homewood campus. To inquire about shipping costs to your location, please call 410-516-0448.
Departmental Orders (SAP Budget Number)
Interested in placing a departmental order? Visit the ServiceNow online store to get started. We aim to fulfill all orders within 6-10 business days (excluding some special orders). Please note that all orders require a valid SAP budget number and supervisor/manager approval before they can be fulfilled. Any departmental discounts available will be reflected in the final invoice pricing.
Computer Purchase Program
The Computer Purchase Program aims to provide the best possible technical support environment for students by promoting the purchase of recommended systems. If you’re in the market for a new computer, here’s why we recommend this program:
- Special pricing on Apple recommended systems not likely to be matched elsewhere for comparable configurations, including access to the Apple Back to School promotion.
- Special pricing on select Dell recommended systems through the JHU/Dell portal.
- Special pricing on select HP systems through the HP Academy.
- Students can receive computer application and troubleshooting support and hardware repair services by certified technicians on the Homewood campus.
- While a student’s system is being repaired, they may borrow a loaner system. This service is exclusively offered only to Technology Store purchasers.
- Revenue generated by sales from the Technology Store is used to directly fund student and faculty technology projects and services.
To select your system:
- Visit our online store.
- Select a pre-configured system from the available models. Please note: Some systems include Safeware extended warranties that include accidental damage coverage. Please call (410-516-0448) or email (email@example.com) for more information.
- Add the system to your cart. Parents, you can also add a system for yourself at the same discounted pricing.
- Click “Check Out” and complete the required information. You may create an account, or checkout as a guest.
- Choose either “Pick-up in store” or “UPS” as your shipping method.If you prefer to call us with your credit card information, please select “Phone order” as the payment method instead.
Accessories (printers, carrying cases, iPads etc.) and other items can be purchased on-site at the time of pick up if desired; we cannot ship accessories to a home address. In order to provide the highest discount, no configuration changes are available for these systems. You will receive an email confirmation of your order request upon submitting the request form.
The order deadline for home shipping fulfillment is August 20. We will still take orders after this date should you wish to purchase a computer through our MCP program, but we will not be able to guarantee fulfillment after this date.
Please note: These JHU computer offers are not available directly through other Apple sales channels.
Hewlett-Packard has teamed up with Johns Hopkins University to offer you the opportunity to purchase award-winning HP and Compaq consumer products at discounted prices. As an HP Academy customer, you can take advantage of exclusive education discounts and HP Academy-only deals (typically up to 10% below starting price). Look for the HP Academy tag throughout the store to see your member savings.
The HP Academy is currently available to:
- Current or incoming students attending Johns Hopkins University or its satellite campuses, residing in the U.S.;
- Parents of current of incoming students, residing in the United States.
- U.S. faculty and staff, including personnel on approved disability, medical, military or personal leaves of absence;
- Alumni of Johns Hopkins University living in the continental United States.
There are two ways to select and purchase your HP and Compaq consumer products:
Online at the HP Academy Store
- Visit the HP Academy website.
- Fill out the sign-in information with your name, e-mail address, a password of your choice, and enter your school PIN code, which is BN1166.
- Call 1-866-433-2018 to order by phone (8:30 a.m.–2 a.m. EST; 7 days a week).
- Identify yourself as a student/parent/educator at Johns Hopkins University and provide your school PIN code, which is BN1166.
If you have questions or feedback about HP Academy, please call 1-866-433-2018. The contact center is open from 7 a.m.–2 a.m. (EST) Monday through Friday and from 8 a.m.–11 p.m. (EST) Saturday and Sunday. For technical product support please call 1-800-HP-INVENT for HP products and 1-800-OKCOMPAQ for Compaq products.
Discounted Dell laptops are available for personal purchase only. Several Dell models are always on display in the Technology Store, and our staff can help guide you to the best mobile device for your needs. However, in most cases your Dell will be custom built and sold/shipped directly to you. Visit the Dell online store to get started. Please note that prices do not include Maryland state sales tax, which will be added at the time of purchase.
We accept VISA, American Express, Discover, J-Card/J-Cash, P-Cards, and SAP Departmental Numbers from all Johns Hopkins Departments (Homewood, SAIS, Hospital, etc.). We do not accept cash or checks.
Financial Aid Assistance
The Technology Store can now assist with applying financial aid funds towards the purchase of an Apple computer. To initiate the Financial Aid Computer Purchase request process:
- Visit the Technology Store to select your Apple computer and place your order. We’ll provide you with an order confirmation, and will hold your order for you until you have confirmed the availability of your financial aid funds. Please note that the maximum value of your computer and accessories cannot exceed $2,000.
- Complete and return the PDF Document: Budget Adjustment Form, along with a copy of your order confirmation, to the Office of Student Financial Services in 146 Garland Hall.
- Return to the Technology Store with your confirmation form once your request has been reviewed and approved, and we will process your order and give you your new computer!
Standard items purchased from inventory can be returned unopened and undamaged within 14 days for a refund, minus a 15% restocking fee. Custom orders and special-request orders cannot be returned.
We are proud to offer exclusive downloads for all Johns Hopkins University students, faculty and staff:
- Apple’s OS X Sierra operating system changes how you see your Mac and what you can do with it. Upgrade for free at the Mac App Store.
- Microsoft Office 365 provides access to Office’s suite of tools anytime, anyplace, on any device. To use Office 365, you will need to sign in with your JHED ID through myJH portal (for students; look in the “Technology” section and log into O365 using your JHEDID@jh.edu) or from the Office 365 portal (for faculty and staff).
- Front Door Software can protect your computer from theft—for free!