Current Students

Students talking at table in dining hall.

Are you a current, full-time undergraduate or graduate student in the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences or the Whiting School of Engineering? In this section, you’ll find helpful information on registering and requesting services with Student Disability Services:

Have questions? View answers to frequently asked questions or contact Student Disability Services via email, at 410-516-4720, or in-person at Shaffer Hall, suite 101.

Affiliating with Student Disability Services

To be eligible to receive accommodations on the Homewood campus, students must first affiliate with SDS. Students can begin by submitting an application online (via AIM), along with valid documentation of a disability (or disabilities) that meets the university’s published documentation guidelines.

Requesting Classroom Accommodations

Before the start of each subsequent semester, affiliated students must inform SDS that they wish to continue to receive classroom accommodations. Certain accommodations (extended time on examinations, copies of class notes, interpreters, real-time captioning, and alternative format texts) may take considerable time to plan. Therefore, students should make their requests through AIM early enough to allow sufficient time for them to be arranged. For more information, view a list of accommodations or assistive technology available through SDS.

Requesting Housing Accommodations

Students with disabilities may be eligible for accommodations in the university’s residence halls after making a formal request and providing appropriate documentation. To learn more about this process, visit the Requesting Housing Accommodations page.

Student Health Insurance

Learn more here about the school insurance plan.