Hop-In Buddy Program
The Hop-In Buddy Program is an opportunity to foster a network of support for and among Hop-In students. The goal of the program is to aid in the academic, emotional, and socio-cultural adjustment of Hop-In students by actively involving upper-class students, alums, faculty, and staff with the Hop-In program. The Buddy Program matches first and second year Hop-In students with third and fourth year Hop-In students. Third and fourth year students will be matched with recent Hop-In alumni, faculty, and staff members.
Role of a Hop-In Buddy
- Connect Hop-In students with people, places, experiences, and services
- Share knowledge, materials, skills, and personal stories about your experiences
- Take an active interest in the academic performance and overall wellness of your buddy
- Aid in creating a positive and productive experience for Hop-In students at Hopkins
- Offer support, challenge, patience, and enthusiasm while helping their buddy navigate various issues in their transition to and success at Hopkins
- Commit to participating in the program for the 2020-2021 academic year
- Determine needs and expectations for the buddy relationship (i.e., academic assistance, networking, advice, etc.)
- Commit to connecting with your buddy at least twice a semester
- Alert Hop-In or appropriate campus office/administrator if your buddy is having difficulties (i.e., financial, academic, personal, professional etc.)
This form is currently closed for submissions.