Arts & Innovation
Arts & Innovation
Supporting the growth of students through
Dance – Music – Theatre – Visual Arts
- 50+ student groups in dance, music, theater, visual arts and more present more than 120 major performances and events on campus every year. Dance studios, music practice rooms, rehearsal space and venues with seating from 150 to 1,000 are available.
- Hopkins Symphony Orchestra includes both a symphony orchestra and a smaller concert orchestra, with seven concerts scheduled on campus each year and often several off campus performances. HSO players are students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Opportunities for JHU students to take free Dance Classes and attend performances through Hop Art.
- The Center for Visual Arts offers a minor, with 15 classes every semester in drawing, painting, photography and other areas. There are guest artist lectures during the year and an annual student exhibit in early May.
- The Digital Media Center is a multi-media lab, a resource for equipment and printing, and offers robust programming to engage and educate the JHU community who are interested in exploring uses of emerging media and technology to creatively communicate ideas.
Support Arts & Innovation at Hopkins!
Donations to Arts and Innovation go directly to student programming that supports and furthers the arts on campus. With your generous support, we can offer additional resources to student arts organizations and arts programming on campus. Thank you for supporting the arts at Homewood.
Homewood Arts Events
Visit the HUB Arts & Culture calendar for a complete list of upcoming events.
September 12, 2022
Exhibition: Women of the Book: The Spiritual Lives of Early Modern Women, 1450-1800
September 20, 2022
Faculty and Friends of the Center for Visual Arts
November 23, 2022
Exhibition: A History of Houseplants
News & Announcements
HSO Concerto Competition winners featured in season finale concert
Three students who do not major in music will be featured soloists at the HSO's season finale concert on April 23
HSO waits to honor Concerto Competition winners
Winners are typically showcased in a year-end concert, but the COVID-19 pandemic has forced a change in plans—for now