Practice Room Policies
Location and Hours
Updated 11/28/23, subject to change
- Location: Shriver Hall Basement
- Academic Year Operating Hours: 10am–10pm 7 days a week (begins August 28, 2023), closures on university holidays
- Spring Break Hours: TBD, will be posted here
- Holiday Break Hours: TBD, will be posted here
- Due to sound bleed, wind instruments may be restricted during limited times when events are occurring in the Shriver Hall auditorium. These will often be on select Sunday afternoons, but times and dates may vary. A tentative schedule of these dates is viewable here, subject to change. With questions/concerns, contact email@example.com.
Availability and Access
- Rooms are first-come first-served and administered by on-site student monitors.
- There are 8 practice rooms, 7 with grand pianos and 1 with a drum set and upright piano. Classroom 28G may be used if not reserved or in-use.
- Practice room use for JHU Homewood students, staff, faculty only, or those taking classes on the Homewood campus. Other users may request permission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include your JHED ID and current Homewood activities.
- Users must have an active Hopkins Groups account, a valid JHU ID, and will check the room out with the Student Monitor on duty. If a user needs a Hopkins Groups account (typically non-Homewood students) please fill out this form.
- If you have questions or requests, please contact email@example.com.
- Users may practice for 90 minutes and must vacate if there is a waiting list for room use.
- Final slot ends 15 minutes before close time.
- No food or drink is allowed at any time.
- Do not place anything on the pianos except for sheet music.
- Equipment may not be removed from the practice rooms.
- When finished, the room must be left clean, with lights off, and keys returned to the Student Monitor.
- Failure to adhere to these policies will result in practice room access being revoked.
- All policies subject to change.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.