Practice Room Policies
Practice Room Availability
Rooms are first-come first-served and administered by on-site student monitors. The following masking policies are required.
- Vocal use: 1 person per room, no exception. Mask not required.
- Wind use: 2 persons max per room, no exception. Masks not required for 1 user, required for 2 users.
- String, piano, non-vocal/wind: 1 person w/ no mask or multiple users with masks.
If you have questions or requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice Room Operations and Policies
Updated 10/22/21, subject to change
- Location: Shriver Hall Basement
- Operating Hours: 11am–10pm 7 days a week, beginning 9/9/21
- Due to sound bleed from practice rooms to Shriver Auditorium, some wind instrument use may be restricted during specific and limited times. Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
- Practice room use for JHU Homewood students, staff, faculty only, or those taking classes on the Homewood campus. Other users may request permission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and include your JHED ID and current Homewood activities.
- Users must have a Jcard and check the room out with the Student Monitor on duty.
- Users may practice for 90 minutes and must vacate if there is a waiting list for room use.
- Final slot ends 15 minutes before close time.
- NEW: due to sound bleed, wind instruments may be restricted during limited times when events are occurring in the Shriver Hall auditorium. These will often be on select Sunday afternoons, but times and dates may vary. With questions/concerns, contact email@example.com.
- Users must clean surfaces of the practice room following use, using provided cleaning items, including piano keyboard, door handles, and other shared surfaces. Please clean key before returning to monitor.
- Users must adhere to university masking and other COVID policies.
- No food or drink is allowed at any time.
- Do not place anything on the pianos except for sheet music.
- Equipment may not be removed from the practice rooms.
- When finished, the room must be left clean, with lights off, and keys returned to the Student Monitor.
- Failure to adhere to these policies will result in practice room access being revoked.
- All policies subject to change.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.