Install J-Card Readers
J-Card, via Transact Campus (formerly Blackboard Transact), is used to control doors all across campus and is the most flexible means of giving access to faculty, staff, and students.
Benefits of using J-Card Readers
- Keyless entry. Eliminate the need to manage physical keys and maintain security in your area.
- Automated controls. Doors can be set to unlock automatically during office hours, be locked and only accessible with a card, or a combination of both.
- Population-specific access. Set up different access for different groups, such as faculty, staff, and students.
- Department level control. Each department using J-Card is given access to the J-Card Admin portal and controls their own spaces.
- Real-time updates. Access changes made in J-Card Admin take effect immediately.
- Reliability and support. Enterprise system administration at Mt. Washington keeps our system up and running. The J-Card team at Garland handles day to day support and emergencies, such as closing for inclement weather.
Installing J-Card Readers in Your Space
J-Card installations are usually quick and easy. Request a quote! We’ll review your requirements and give you pricing and an expected timeframe to get you up and running.
Repairs or Changes to J-Card Readers
Is your J-Card reader not working properly? Have your office hours (and your door schedule) changed? Do you have a new staff member who needs to manage J-Card access? Submit a request for repairs or changes! The J-Card team will coordinate to get the issue resolved promptly.
Please note, installation costs (labor, material, and fees) and some repair costs (non-Blackboard hardware, services provided by Johns Hopkins Facilities and Real Estate or contractors) are billable to your department. Quotes are free and no obligation, but we do require budget information before beginning work. Ongoing maintenance costs are billed as an annual allocation to your division and are included with quotes.