2018 Summer Conference Staff Application
The 2018 JHU Summer Conference program is dedicated to providing all conference guests with comfortable housing, quality food, appropriate meeting spaces, and excellent customer service. Student staff members will play an integral part in assuring that each guest enjoys his/her stay in the residence halls and receives excellent service.
All staff members working with the 2018 Summer Conference Program must meet the following general criteria and must be:
- Eligible to work for the University: registered as a full-time student for spring 2018 and fall 2018 classes.
- In good judicial standing.
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor and think critically under pressure.
- Able to operate a computer and be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to provide basic campus and Baltimore information to summer conference guests.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and work independently.
- Able to attend staff training between May 18-May 26.
- Able to work from May18, 2018- August 10, 2018, 35-40 hours per week.
- Enrolled in no more than one summer session class or research opportunity per session.
Specific Job Description:
- Provide professional, efficient, and courteous service to all University guests
- Serve in an on-call rotation throughout the summer to assist guests with after-hours needs
- Maintain accurate paper and digital summer conference records
- Maintain a familiarity with on-campus and off-campus resources in order to assist guests
- Maintain constant communication with supervisors and University departments as necessary
- Report problems and emergencies to proper University officials
- Report maintenance and custodial problems in a timely manner
- Report suspicious or dangerous activity to Security
- Perform general office tasks: data entry, answering phones, faxing, copying
- Assist with the preparation of conference materials (brochures, keys, access/meal cards, etc.)
- Attend all mandatory training, staff meetings and work dates:
- Training: May 18 – May 26 (projected dates)
- Weekly staff meetings
- Mandatory work dates will be published prior to the beginning of the summer
- Make independent decisions for crises or problem intervention
- Assist guests with lock-outs and other needs
- Assist with check-ins and check-outs
- Assist with pre and post room inspections and perform daily inspections of common areas
- Maintain accurate records of furnishings and equipment in common areas
- Other duties as assigned