Donation Drive Requests
Only approved and registered JHU student groups/organizations may request to hold a donation drive. Student groups interested in hosting a donation drive in the residence halls must submit their request in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the drive to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Type of Donation
- Purpose of Donation
- Dates of Drive
- Point of Contact (name, email and phone number)
- Advisor’s Contact (name, email, and phone number)
Housing Operations will review requests and respond within 3 business days.
The following are items that will not be allowed to be collected during the drive:
- Perishable Food
- Food items that are opened/partially used
- Opened laundry soap, cleaning supplies or toiletries
*These items are currently prohibited due to COVID and are subject to change.
If a request is denied, Housing Operations will follow up via email with specific information on why the drive was denied and/or to request additional information in order to thoroughly review the request and make a decision.
Donation Drive Policies
Once approved, the following must be adhered to:
- Donation drives are only permitted for a 2 week period.
- The student organization is responsible for all advertising related to the drive.
- Boxes may only be placed outside of the following mailrooms the evening prior to the start date of the drive: Scott-Bates Commons, AMR 2, and Wolman Hall.
- Donation collection boxes cannot be larger than 24” x 24” x 24”.
- Donation collection bins must be clearly labeled with the following information: name of organization, list of approved donation items, contact email for organization, dates of collection.
- The organization is responsible for monitoring the collections regularly and emptying them as they fill up. Ideally, the organization will empty the collection box every two days. Failure to do so will result in the drive being cancelled and the box removed.
- Boxes must be removed by 5PM on the final day of the drive.