Donation Drive Requests
Only approved and registered JHU student groups/organizations may request to hold a donation drive in the residential buildings. Student Groups interested in hosting a donation drive in the residence halls must submit their request in writing at least 2 weeks prior to the start of the drive to firstname.lastname@example.org and must include:
- Organization Name
- Main point of contact with email address & telephone number
- Advisor’s name & contact information
- List of items to be collected
- Desired collection locations (please see list below)
- Desired dates and times of collections
Housing will review requests and respond within 3 business days.
The following are items that will not be allowed to be collected during the drive:
- Perishable Food
- Food items that are opened/partially used
- Open laundry soap, cleaning supplies or toiletries
Once approved, the following must be adhered to:
- At least one student must be present during the approved donation collection times.
- If clothing items are being collected, it is highly recommended that students wear gloves while collecting the items.
- The student organization is responsible for all advertising related to the drive.
- The organization is responsible for removing all of the collection items at the end of each donation collection period.
- Unmanned donation collection bins are no longer allowed.
- All donation collections must end by 8 PM.
Below are the locations where students can conduct the donation drives.
AMR I: Lobby or Patio (inside security gates)
AMR II: Blue Jay Lounge or Patio (inside security gates)
AMR III: Patio
Bradford: Near front steps or Side parlor rooms
Charles Commons: Charles Street Lobby or 3rd floor bridge near entry turnstiles, across from key dropbox
Homewood: Patio or lobby area just inside main entry door
McCoy: Lobby or Patio near the common area emergency exit doors
Wolman: Lobby or Sidewalk just outside of main door
Questions? Please contact the Housing Facilities Office at 410-516-7962 or email@example.com.